Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mulie trouble

Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 PM

Default Mulie trouble

Ive studied the couse whitetail (the only other deer we have around here) but the mulie eludes me , i cant find info on how they behave, where they like to hang out. Please help if you can the az season isnt too far away.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mulie trouble

You say you have studied them? Get out in the field (where you have permission) and look for tracks, feeding areas, crap, old scrapes, old hooking, bedding areasand other sign. Their habits will change some from the summer, but spending time in the field is your best information. Welcome to the forum.....
Old 06-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mulie trouble

I have only hunted mulies during the archery elk season in CO which is way before the rut. The larger bucks at that time are generally grouped up with each other, hanging out in isolated aspen patches that are impossible to approach without them being able to see you. To hunt them, I've had to get to the aspen groves well before light and wait on them and just hope that they show up. Sometimes they do, most of the time they don't. They are smart critters and are very difficult to stalk, but to me they are one of the most fun animals to hunt. Taste good too.