Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anyone chew tobacco while hunting? >

Anyone chew tobacco while hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone chew tobacco while hunting?

Old 10-31-2002, 10:06 AM

Default Anyone chew tobacco while hunting?

Does anyone think that it hurts your chances of killing a decent deer if the smell of chewing tobacco is present? I GUN hunt, not bow hunt.
Thanks!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone chew tobacco while hunting?

Confusus say:

A lot of man smoke

but

Fu Man Chew!

chew away.

~Will Hunt For Food~
Old 10-31-2002, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

WVmoutaineer, I actually posted this topic a while ago and some people actually thick it draws deer in. I do too. I have seen deer every year I have been out in the woods chewing. Wouldnt leave home without a brand new tin especially entering the woods.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 10-31-2002, 10:54 AM

I chew tobacco while on stand and I have shot six bucks in the last nine years. I even spit on the ground below my stand. While the scent is unnatural to the deer, they don't seem to relate it to man....yet.

ALWAYS CALL YOUR SHOT.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:14 PM

I'm from the adirondacks (NY) but I lived in Kentucky for a little over a year. There was this guy down there that loved to smoke pot. He especialy liked to smoke while hunting. It never failed he would get a buck every year or atleast he said he did. I do know that the one time I went out hunting with him he got a 6 point in the morning and an 8 point in the evening. He was either really lucky or the deer are pot heads. I myself don't smoke but some of the guys up here buy cigars when they hunt.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:56 PM

They dont mind copenhagen, but then again who would?

LIFE IS SHORT, HUNT HARD
Old 10-31-2002, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Bein' from KY, I find it odd that a guy can shoot two bucks in a day in any state of consciousness. I don't know of one unit where that's legal.

BJ
Old 11-01-2002, 07:18 AM

I dip while in my stand. I actually shot a big doe last year that was directly under my stand treating the big spit pile as if it were a scrape or something. She didn't really know what it was and she was curious. All I know is that it held her there long enough to put that .270 bullet between her ears!

RYAN SMITH
Old 11-01-2002, 09:39 AM

Hey beaverjack I didn't say it was legal. Then yet I don't believe smokeing pot is either. He used his dads tag in the evening. I didn't say I believed in his tactics. I was just telling about something that i witnessed. I myself don't believe that anyone should smoke pot, take drugs, drink alcohol, etc... when hunting. There are enough accidents with out adding to it.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:14 AM

Chewing is not going to affect your deer hunting at all.
HUNT HARD

Quick Reply: Anyone chew tobacco while hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.