Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
British Columbia
0%
Alberta
27.59%
Saskatchewan
48.28%
Manitoba
10.34%
Ontario
10.34%
Quebec
0%
New Brunswick
0%
Nova Scotia
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[Deleted]

Old 06-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Whitetail hunting in Canada

I would say that its not provincial boundries but density of hunters that give you a good chance at a monster buck. Public land is hard to hunt here, but if you can get on a farm w/limited access your chances are increased. My best buck came from SW MB and I got it the first morning(actually the first 45min) and saw 43 deer in that time. 4 bucks and the rest does. This farm has been managed by the owners grandson for yrs, the only rule...... if you want to come back another yr NO SMALL BUCKS, shoot a doe instead. I took one of each on the same day.Mine scored 118 5/8, but would like to haveit scored again. The owners grandson has much more time out there and can wait a long time for the rightbuck....... he has many that I drool over. Oh ya, this farm is on the fringe of some real dense brush.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-09-2006, 01:31 PM

I have only hunted here in Ontario. There is some real dandies that can run with the boys of the praries but they are just very hard to get. If you want a real challenge at nailing a big boy hunt northern, central, and even southern Ontario.

[/align]
[blockquote]

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alberta gets my vote, I guess the fact that I'll be hunting there this Nov has something to do with it. Sask holds the world record typical (Milo Hansen) and Alberta has the record bow typical (Wayne Zaft) so it has to be one of these I would think.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont know
Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ive been lucky enough to hunt Canada 4 times ..twice in Saskatchewan and twice in Alberta .. I think you will always see more deer in Saskatchewan mainly because you can hunt over bait ... but if your looking for a BIG buck I think Alberta would be my choice ...I am no authority on the subject but that is MHO ..

dd
Old 06-09-2006, 10:09 PM

I feel that Alberta & Saskatechawen are leading the way but here in New Brunswick there are some big deer also. Just alot of public land and hunting pressure. They are there if you put the time in
Old 06-10-2006, 08:17 AM

It's a toss up between Alberta and Saskatchewan. My largest so far is an 8 point that went 158 3/8 here in Alberta, but I've seen some real nice ones in Saskatchewan as well.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:54 AM

Being from Alberta i know that most of the BIG Whiteys are north of red deer which is only half of alberta but in Saskatchewan they are every where so i would have to say Sask has my vote.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.