Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 My buck's stages of growth (UPDATES) >

My buck's stages of growth (UPDATES)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buck's stages of growth (UPDATES)

Old 06-03-2006, 01:17 PM

Default RE: My little buck's stages of growth

nice deer. cute pics
Old 06-03-2006, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Are you a member of PETA? In FL. it's illegal to keep Deer in captivity without a special permit and ithas to be non-native game.
RH, I think that question is odd. Obviously he's not in FL and laws differ in other states. I would love to have a pet deer and there are many ways to acquire one without being a member of PETA and obviously you've been around long enough to know that jhalfhill is a hunter. I'm confused to your thinking on this one?
Sorry Rob, but I can't keep an Animal that I like to kill, as a pet.
rebel if you don't like it don't post. its not that difficult. i hunt everytime i get a chance to go out. how does this have anything to do with PETA? and when someone offered me this little guy i always thought it would be sweet to watch on grow over the years. he's in a 5 acre pen with just him and one doe i really don't think he has it all that bad.....

F.Y.I. you don't need a permit to have possesion off a deer that didn't come out of the wild in PA. you only need a permit to buy and sell (propogator's permit). trust me he isnt going to be sold to some outfit who wanna shoot him out of a high fence somewhere
Old 06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jhalfhill

Here's a few pictures of the buck I've had since he was born. He's growing his first rack this year and I'm really impressed. He already has 5 legal points and the main beams haven't even wrapped around yet. He looks like he'll be about 14" wide too. Not bad for his first year.
How are theywhen you have them as pets? Are they kinda like a dog and like attention? Or reallyonly want to be around if you are feedingem? I figured as afawn, they would follow you around alot.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

NEAT
Old 06-03-2006, 03:39 PM

Cool pics!! keep us updated with more pics!! we can never have to many on here! just keep taking them every couple days so we can see the magic unfold. I have been told that deer make great pets but bucks can be deadly when rut swings in. How did you come across him if he is not from the wild and you did not buy him?
Old 06-03-2006, 04:07 PM

I'm amazed how mature his face is for such a young animal. His muzzle seems long and narrow..like a fully mature deer.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pics.aahh they grow so fast
Old 06-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those will be the easiest sheds you will EVER find! Great pics.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:32 PM

random question, but does it respond to a name?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:10 AM

Pretty sweet man, thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: My buck's stages of growth (UPDATES)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.