Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 When would be the BEST time......... >

When would be the BEST time.........

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When would be the BEST time.........

Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When would be the BEST time.........

when would be the best time to set up a tree stand??
i have found out my spot(i think) and was wondering when to put it up
would it affect the deer if i put it up at a certain time of the year
if so what could go wrong and would they come back if they are scared off?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: When would be the BEST time.........

I've put them up and hunted the same day. We leave most of ours up year round, but why not put it up today as long as you don't think somebody will steal it?....
Old 06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

The sooner the better IMO. As long as you are sure the location will still be active during the fall/winter hunting seasons and their patterns don't change before that time.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

The sooner the better IMO. As long as you are sure the location will still be active during the fall/winter hunting seasons and their patterns don't change before that time.
Exactly, their patterns will change as soon as the season opens on public land. On private land it's a different story.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned

Season opens here Oct 1 and I put mine up in Sept. Plenty early IMO..Weather and squirrels are hard on them..I bring mine home in late Jan or Feb
Old 06-04-2006, 08:07 PM

I'm no expert by any means as this will be my second year hunting. But I have asked this question here before and have concluded that it truly doesn't matter. Sure, it's probably better to do so the sooner you can. But I've moved my stand around and hunted out of it the next morning seeing plenty of deer and its a ladder stand. And I've read plenty of hunting magazine articles that basically say don'tbe afraid to just hang it and hunt hard for a few days before moving on to the next spot.

My neighbor didn't get his huge bulky tripod stand with a plastic tarp that flaps in the wind for cover and a propane tank that swings below itto power his heaterput up until 10 p.m. the night before. That's right. He was in the pitch black woods by the light of his headlights assembling the tripod stand the night before. He filled both his tags the next morning.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

I usually like to put mine up at least a month before the season starts. That's because I can only get up to my spot on weekends, and I like to be able to cut shooting lanes if I have to.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 PM

IDEALLY mine go up before season, but I have moved a stand and hunted out of it on the same day. Go figure.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Our season starts the first weekend of Oct and I plan on hanging my stands the first weekend of Sept, no later.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

NOW

Quick Reply: When would be the BEST time.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.