Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one use a tree lounge?

Old 10-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any one use a tree lounge?

DOes any one use a tree lounge? Tell me what yoour opionion is on them I thinnk they are the best stands made.

Old 10-30-2002, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Any one use a tree lounge?

my personal opinion is that their a rip off. Why spend like 600 bucks on a tree loung when you can find cheaper but just as useful climbing stands for a cheaper price. Personally they're to big and they're supposed to be light. We'll honestly a couple more pounds to carry doesn't seem so bad when im caring a huge wad of savings.

you start hunting and you suck, you keep doing it till you dont suck
Old 10-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and it is awesome. Takes a few more min. to put up but once your up there it is like sitting in a lazyboy. You can honestly sit in it ALL day. I feel super safe in it too. 19 pounds without bow adapter and 24 or 25 with it. It packs very well on your back too. I'm still a little loud with it when I put it up but with some practice you can get it up quietly.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:55 PM

I used one at one time. They are by far the most comfortable stand that I've ever used.
My 2 complaints is that carrying it in it is so bulky that its hard to be quiet.
2nd is that if you bowhunt out of it: when you stand you are so far from the tree. The deer are alot more apt to see you.
Gun hunting all day if you already had it on the tree you can't beat it.

HUNT HARD

Edited by - KY SCENT-LOK on 10/30/2002 22:55:56
Old 10-30-2002, 11:36 PM

I have the old model, (5 years old) and it is comfortable, yes, but the dang thing is too heavy to pack around from hunt to hunt. I have cabled mine to a tree permantly on my property and don't move it until seasons end. Mine is also way too loud when putting it on a tree. Just imagine bolt threads raking inside a hollow piece of aluminum, and you will get my point. I know one thing, the old model with the bow hunting adapter, weighs a heck of alot more than 26 pounds. I promised someone last year that I would weigh mine up due to the fact of this same argument, but, I have failed in doing so. I will get to it after the season.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:47 AM

I love it!

Hurry up and wait.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have the new one with the bow stand adapter. Top notch. I like staying in the woods all day and that was the reason I purchased mine (because of the comfort) Comfort is awsome! The new ones are a lot lighter than the old ones supposedly? Dont know because this is my first one. I like it. Its not heavy at all, I dont think.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 10-31-2002, 09:22 AM

I love my tree lounge. Well,
I like it alot. Very comfortable
all day stand. I found it a little
cumbersome for bowhunting unless i
set it up before hand or used it
as a lock on. I fully extended mine
and put foam insulation on the rails.
Its kinda tall when backpacking but
it elimanates most of the noise when settin
up. The newer ones are alot lighter.
I definately reccommend them. I paid $260
for mine. Definately competetive in price
unless you add a bunch of the over priced
accessories
Old 10-31-2002, 11:43 AM

Well when im hunting i dont worry about comfort. Comfort can draw your attention from what your really trying to do. Personally i just buy the cheapest stand and sit in it. The cheaper they are usually the smaller and thats how i like it.

you start hunting and you suck, you keep doing it till you dont suck
Old 10-31-2002, 12:28 PM

I personally i think they are the best well made stand for setting long periods of time. i have the new one and price competive----(YES)!!!!!! I know several people who have fallen from cheaper stands or have gotten hurt from stands sliding down the tree...
I say to each their own thoughts-------!!!!!
its like hunting higher-----go as high as you want to fall!
If your not a person who spends time to shoot trophys-- your spending alot of time in the woods, and trophy's you will see, and possibility get the opportunity to harvest the aminal of a life time!
I will say this--NO STAND IS SAFE! YOU HAVE TO HUNT SAFE!
i HAVE THE TROPHYS TO PROVE MY SUCCESS, AND THE TREE LOUNGE IS
MY CHOICE........

bearhound

Ralph ferrier

Quick Reply: Any one use a tree lounge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.