Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SHOPPING. It Is That Simple.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SHOPPING. It Is That Simple.

I think DAWG is tripping on some Southern shrumes! (sp)But he's still amusing as hell.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again more b.s.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ford gets none of my respect only chevy (respect)
Old 05-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

TD, are you sure they were deer?? Seriously,they could have beendogs or maybe even bunny rabbits??
Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Told my hunting buddies that I was going to Florida to go shopping with TDWW this fall.
RESPECT !
Old 05-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would actually wonder what a pound of venison would sale for if you calculate all the expenses associated with the hunt? Pretty costly, maybe thats why we all say it taste great so we can justify the cost.

Bobby
Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

I can say one thing and that is TDWW is amusing for sure and well I guess thats all I can say about him. But only 4 deer!!!!! Wow Id be depressed if I only saw 4 deer.

Jay
Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

Guys,

Hope all of you had a super weekend. I was busy and wanted to check in while I had a minute. Had a chance to get in the Southern outdoors (respect) over the weekend and made a few accute observations. I wanted to share them with you.

First, on Friday evening I was driving in my pick-up (2 door, roll bar, KC lights, Ford....demands it), and glanced over to an area off the side of the 2 lane road and, obviously, saw 4 deer. NEVER SAW DEER HERE BEFORE GUYS. I pulled over, turned off the key, and poured a cup of coffee from my insulated thermos so I just just kick back and observe the deer.

Two things:

-It was about 5pm and I was drinking coffee with the windows rolled up, probably about 90 degrees or more. No short pants. Guys, this is what I am talking about. The ability to demand respect without hesitation. It is the way I live my life.

-Observing wildlife is the best way to get to know them and their habits. I had never seen deer in this spot before. This is further proof that the South is becoming a real innovator, particularly with the state of FL leading the charge. When you start seeing deer in places where you never saw them before, this is SOLID PROOF that the population is increasing, the health of the overall heard is up, and still NO EVIDENCE of warty growths or CWD.

I was walking around the family farm Satiddy and went dow to a bottom just to take some time and enjoy the stillness of the north Florida woods. Was sitting there on the ground and noticed a few rubs from the fall. Looked in a different direction and saw a bedding type area. Glanced over my shoulder and found the place where I saw a nice 4 year old 8 pointed just last fall and let him walk. Finally, it hit me.

Here is the deal with Florida and hunting deer down here as best as I can explain it:

DUE TO FLORIDA LEADING THE CHARGE IN WHITETAIL MANAGEMENT AND OVERALL HERD HEALTH, WHEN YOU HUNT IN FLORIDA YOU ARE BASICALLY "SHOPPING." THAT'S RIGHT, "SHOPPING."

That is the best way I can explain it, guys, and it hit me in the woods Satiddy on the family farm when I looked in every direction and found evidence of the elusive whitetail. Just saw deer the evening before in a place where they never were before. When you deer hunt in Florida, you are basically shopping for the right one. It has become that selective. You sit and take your choice of adult deer that score off the charts and it is simply a matter of what type of shopper you are. Findingbargains, guys.

The Norhtern deer woods is in a HUGE decline and this is further proof. Tumors, warty growths, CWD spreading like HIV among Haitians, hunters at odds with each other and causing concern. All of these scenarios are benefitting the South and it is getting embarrassing. Down here we shop for trophy bucks.

Hope every single one of you gets the chance to get outside with close family/friends this week, if even to do some calesthenics.
Like flies to cow crap, I am drawn into the "TDWW madness". I have read this pile of BS twice, and under all the Southern respect crap, there is a glimmer of truth here (though very small). I am interpreting the "shopping" analogy as not shooting the first deer that walks outor waiting for a mature buck instead of a 2 year old. Ihave personally never thought of deer hunting as shopping, but I did pass on several bucks before shooting one this season. Shopping? Maybe.

The sad part about TDWW is that he has discredited himself somuch and filled all his posts with BS that when he does have something to sayhe will never be taken seriously.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

retrieverman,

Is this an attempt at respect?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol

Quick Reply: SHOPPING. It Is That Simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.