Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New lease

Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 PM

Default New lease

My grandfather just got a new lease on some new deer land. It's 265 acres in Upson County Georgia. It's all hardwoods and planted pines. It has 2 creeks and two small clover fields on it. It's is very expensive though, 15 dollars an acre. If you do the math that comes out to $3975 a year. All my grandfather can do if moan about how he can remember when he was paying 8 dollars an acre. But anyway, I hope to harvest some mature bucks this upcoming season. Thought I would share.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New lease

People are getting greedy.
Thats a lot an acre.
Well I wish you Lots of Good Luck.

Make sure to post the pictures
Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

Sounds nice. I have it made here. I don't pay to hunt. I have my customers ask me to hunt and they like me and don't let anybody else in. I am lucky. Good luck
Old 05-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rich mans sport
Old 05-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

We looked at about 575 acres near Troy, Al, but they wanted $25 an acre. We have enough to hunt anyways.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Obviously Gramps ain't happy cause he's moanin' and groanin'. But he did it.

I imagine your Grampa ain't much different than anyone elses - he worked HARD, didWHATEVER necessaryand saved some dough. Alot of grandparents like to spend on their families - and that's why they worked so hard.

Just do him right by doingWHATEVERmight need to be done around the lease to getit set for harvesting some dandy whitetails. Talk to him first andask whatHIS plan is, what HEwould like to do there. Then do everything you can to see his plans come to life. Whether it be building stands or blinds, clearing a campsite, fixin fences, gathering firewood before the season, food plots....whatever. Let him be proud of your work ethic.

Grandparents may like to spend on their families - especially grandkids. But I feel they like being respected more.

Hope you guys have a great deer camp down there, harvest somenice deer, and most of all harvest some great memories. Of course, here on Huntingnet, come deer season.........we expect some pictures (and Gramps better be in them!).

GOOD HUNTIN!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Cocky90 has demanded respect and we each will give it to him. Nice post. Ga hunting demands it. Hope you have a successful season, old friend.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

Cocky90 has demanded respect and we each will give it to him. Nice post. Ga hunting demands it. Hope you have a successful season, old friend.
WOW. The guy leased land and he demands respect. You are something special alright Top dawg.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hardcore even though you have racked up 569 post in less than a month (respect) you will give TDWW what is due without hesitation.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Hardcore even though you have racked up 569 post in less than a month (respect) you will give TDWW what is due without hesitation.
LMAO!

Quick Reply: New lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.