Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Southern Bucks

Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Southern Bucks

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

i will not count those. did you see where it says FENCE????????? not a good example to hold up your southern bucks guys
oh come on. Some are. Some aren't. And, when the fence is around 25,000 acres, it doesn't make a bit ofdifference other than keeping poachers and trespassers out, and letting the deer grow to a ripe old age.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Retrieverman: Those are some nice bucks. How old was your son? Mine went for his first time last year, at age 12, and tagged a couple of nice, chubby hill country does.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

What no southern bruisers?????????????
Well, Here's a few Alabama deer. May not impress by some standards but they do just fine for me and the locals.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:31 AM

there are big deer in sc but u have to hunt them hard to find them .nice pics of the kids guys cant wait when my boys get there first this year .hey i dont hunt no fences in sc not many in sc period .
Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Typical Buck

those are some good bama bucks but i thought that any buck in bama was endangered because of doctor death i know that it depends what area of the state that you hunt in fl as to the size and weight of deer a deer along the coast will not weight as much as a deer in the north central part of the state i have hunter all over the north central and north east of fl for years now that i live in nc i try to get at least one hunt in fl each year and if you hunt the areas that i go to on the gulf coast the deer and hogs have moved away
Old 05-12-2006, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I think Texas deer kill and B&C record stands up to anywhere. There deer are smaller, thats why we get to kill 5 of them. 900 miles of I-10 across Texas.......Pineywoods of the south, post oaks of the midwest, desert from the west. plains to the north, southern brush country to the south, all sporting different types of whitetail deer......It is unfortunate we have such a varity of deer to kill in our state........but we do alright.

Ireally want to hunt a mississippi or alabama buck.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Guys,

Wanted to get in on the action discussing and posting pics of Southern bucks. THAT is reality. Southern deer herd is expanding and growing as we speak. Deer hopping fences and crossing borders. Bedlam.

I posted a pic once before and wanted to post another if someone can remind me how to do it.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: texas8point

...thats why we get to kill 5 of them.
Speak for yourself on the 5 deer limit. In east Texas for sure, but I believe it is all counties east of I-35, there is a one buck limit and does only on "doe days" unless you are lucky enough to get permits. I am fortunate to have enough land to get 7 permits per year.

Someone asked about my son's age, he was 10 and 11 in those pictures, but he killed his first deer when he was 6. He is eat up with deer hunting. This will be his first year to hunt with me in Oklahoma. He is SO EXCITED!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

That's it!!!! Ive seen that on one buck pole in Illinois in one day!!!

Just Kidding Guys. Those are fine bucks!!!! Just had to stir alittle. Anywhere you can give the bucks a chance to grow to maturity and give them the right nutrition they can grow to be monsters. North or South. I just do like the south cuz I love those super cold crisp rut mornings. I hate the heat.

Good Luck toALL this season.

Jason

Old 05-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anywhere you can give the bucks a chance to grow to maturity and give them the right nutrition they can grow to be monsters.
That's the major problem here in Alabama. Alabama has a reputation for having smallbucks but its due mostly to the fact that our bucks rarely live to be3 years old. Long hunting seasons with no antler restrictions and a buck and a doe per day limit means that theyusually develope a severecase of lead poisoning before they can reach peak maturity. Also, forestry has replaced agriculture as our primary industry here. Where there used to be fields of corn and soybeans now there are stands of highbred loblolly pine trees. Good cover but not much nutrition. However in places where people exercise a little trigger restraint and have standing corn/soybeans or either supplemental feed there are bucks that would make even a Pike County, Illinois boy proud. Like this one killed at Portland Landing about 20 miles from where I live.

Quick Reply: Southern Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.