Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer hunting proposal

Old 04-23-2006, 05:37 PM

Default deer hunting proposal

this is not a joke,if it is then the "KNOXVILLE NEWS SENTINEL"in knoxville tennessee is falling for it. according to today's sports page a proposal has been made and considered to allow hunting from your vehicle.it was proposed thathunters be allowedto huntprivate property by pulling into a field and hunt from the vehicle.no mention wasmade about driving down the road on a return trip home from your favorite hunting spot and seeing an animal on the side of the road and shooting. my understanding of the story would be cars,suv's or atv's. jusy emagine guys and gals no more cold frosty mornings,no more mosquitos in early season,no more climbing trees,just plan ole driving around until someplace looks good and park.to me the name of the sport would need to be changed if this is allowed, change it from HUNTING to WAITING . the next new deerhunting product on the market would be full vehicle camo with shoot thru windows. this sux.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: deer hunting proposal

I alreafy have a camo honda wagon with no windows
Old 04-24-2006, 02:05 PM

Im sure people who would consider hunting that way do so reguardless of current laws. I also doubt if it passed any serious hunters would start hunting that way either
Old 04-24-2006, 02:12 PM

My grandpa has a special permit to shoot from vehicles because he is handicapped, which is very nice for him, but everyone else who is not handicapped shouldn't be allowed to shoot from vehicles IMO.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

My grandpa has a special permit to shoot from vehicles because he is handicapped, which is very nice for him, but everyone else who is not handicapped shouldn't be allowed to shoot from vehicles IMO.
i have heard of somethin like that and i think thats fine if there handicapped. but what there sayin there jus isnt right!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn road hunters. Really do you think deer will come out if they see a car or truck in the middle of the field during shooting hours. I think not.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:19 PM

i agree handicap and challenged people should have an oppurtunity as well as those of us able to go to the woods but what i'm afraid of is,some fool riding around site seeing and happen on a nice animal in farmer browns field and goes to blasting away.this type of hunting is nota sport. leave this method of hunting to those less fortunate that cannot climb the ridges and hollers. but first go to the proper people to get permits.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

Damn road hunters. Really do you think deer will come out if they see a car or truck in the middle of the field during shooting hours. I think not.
Unless I misread something, this proposal has nothing to do with road hunting. As far as deer not coming out with a vehicle present, Texas and Oklahoma deer are not that wary. One of the biggest deer that I have ever seen was in northwest Oklahomafrom my truck, and my son and I watched him for about 15 minutes before we had to go. I personally see absolutely nothing wrong withusing a vehicle as a blind (on private property not from a road).
Old 04-24-2006, 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

Actually, guys kill elk all the time by sitting in their trucks near natural funnels on migration routes. They might have to go sit in their trucks for a few weekends in a row, but a lot of them get their elk. As a matter of fact, we filled two tags this year when two calves walked out into the open while we were eating lunch in the truck, and we were parked on a bare hillside. Trash road hunting all you want, but its getting to the point anymore that it is the only way my dad (who has muscular dystrophy) and my grandpa can fill their tags. I do not believe in road hunting if you have the physical capability to go walking in the woods, but for those with physical disabilities it is the only way to hunt. Think before you make a post like that again, you never know who is reading it.[:@]
Old 04-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Idon't like road hunters at all unless there physicaly challenge. But still they should have to stay in one spot not go driveing around.Watch The next thing will be is you can sit in your truck or what ever after hours with the lights on. The whole point to hunting is being in the woods with nature siting on the groung when its freezeing out.

Quick Reply: deer hunting proposal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.