Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wild Cat

Old 04-17-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Wild Cat

The last couple of nights a wild cat has been attacking my sisters cat. It always catches me off gaurd when its around. I missed it the other night because I was shooting with one hand and holding the gun in the other. This cat has gotten inside of one of my barns and pissed everywhere. I set a haveaheart trap with cat food on the ground but it just moved the trap and ate the food. Tonight I think Im going to try tuna. Any tips?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wild Cat

Wild cats? People should take better care of thier pets!.... If its wild you have to hunt it..... they get pretty wiley. Place the rrap in strategic locations...... maybe find out where it goes in your barn and set the trap there. Try to hide it so the cat is in the trap as soon as it goes in the barn. I kondof like cats but if all else fails a .22LR or 12 guage works real well. If you don't want to do that throw a bag of liver on the roof of your barn..... when it stinks so bad you can smell it when you walk out the house........ bury it where the cat goes..... it should dig it up and eat it, get sick as 10 dogs and learn its lesson. The liver trick is what I use in the city when all the nieghborhood cats dig up the garden....... feel sorry for the owners b/c if that cat get sick at home they have one hell of a mess to clean...... but hey its law here that all felines be kept indoors, like mine.
Good luck..... hope the TOM learns his lesson B4 its too late
Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 AM

I leave my cat outside because well were out in the country. I set the have a heart trap in a good location I just need to know if tuna is the best bait. Its hard to shoot it because the only time I see the dang thing is when I dont have a gun on me.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm assuming that the cat in question has antlers....
Old 04-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was shooting with one hand and holding the gun in the other
isnt that how most people shoot, pull the trigger with one hand while the other hand is holding the gun up???????
Old 04-17-2006, 01:42 PM

I ment holding a flashlight sorry about the typo. No this cat doesnt have antlers but I figured more people go on this part of the forum than any other. I have seen alot of wild cats come through this area but none have hung around quite like this one.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sure can't argue with that logic. Carry on
Old 04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take a piece of nylon string and tie a fried chicken wing(or other boney part) to the trigger. Guaranteed kitty getter........
Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 PM

Set the trap in the ground as per normal and place some cat food N,S,E&W about 1.5ft away from the trap.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Get a dog that usually keeps the cats away.

Quick Reply: Wild Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.