Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what have you found while hunting >

what have you found while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what have you found while hunting

Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM

Default RE: what have you found while hunting

A deer must've been really really desperate.

I saw a perverted deer one time, too! He was humping the fool out of some chick deer. I don't think she had implants, though.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 AM

I am glad to hear that. Last yearI was hunting my family's property which no one has permission to be on and some louse stole my brand new 300 dollar summit stand. I hate a trepasser! I also know this guy that found where someone had put a ladder stand up on his property. He quickly took a saw zaw to it and left a "No Trespassing" sign on the heap of metal. LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 03:53 PM

well, this was before i was born but my father while elk hunting in colorado came accross a couple of newly downed trees in the rain by an old cabin in a valley. The roots of the trees were snarled around chunks of clear quarts with gold nuggets swirled into them. he said they were everywhere! he tried to cut out some roots and dig some of them out but he had only a pocketknife as his skinning knife and bonesaw were back at the truck (he was only scouting). so... he marks the trail discreetly and returns in the morning, but for the life of him can't restep his trails! the hard rains that had uprooted the trees were continuing and ruined his marks!!!

he claims a small fortune could've been had there, and to this day (it was over 30 years ago) he gets a glint in his eye and the jitters talking about it.
after that he started panning the creeks up there on his trips!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: BigWay

I'll give a little more detail of the "suitcase" story. My cousin knocks on my door the evening before shotgun opener and says " I found a suitcase just over the bank of the road and somethings not right!" I said "well did you open it?" "No, I tried to drag it up to the road, but something ain't right." So we ride over there and by now it's dark. We park, walk down the road with flashlights, jump down the bank to the suitcase. I tried to move it, but it was too heavy. I find the zipper and open it up. The first thing I see is black hair (the top off his head). I open it up a little more and see his FACE! I said " IT'S A DEAD GUY!!" My cousin nearly faints and says "HOLY $hit, I knew something wasn't right". Seeing a dead guys face by flashlight is quite a experience. The guy was stuffed in there with his knees up to his chest. He had on a shirt and pants, no shoes. It was about 20 degrees out. He had only been there less than 24 hrs. because he wasn't an ice cube yet. Anyway after that it was all down hill. The authorities kept us there for hours answering questions. About a year later he was still unidentified, but cause of death was heroine and alcohol. Partying a little too hard I guess, and his buddies didn't want him around after he croked.
Hey Joe bet you can't fit in that suitcase ...
Old 04-22-2006, 05:51 AM

I found an old tree stand once.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:55 PM

lots of crap. a couple knives, game calls just to name a few. And my favorite was a wallet with almost $100 in it

Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey did you find that wallet in that one spot way over there?? i think its mine!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:25 AM

ive found a few leaves and some grass along with some trees and sticks
Old 04-26-2006, 05:07 PM

I find lots of cool stuff in the woods...
Such as peace and solitude...I like to clear my head when I can after experiencing all the craziness near the city... Other than that, havent found much...
Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Banned

Peace of mind.

Quick Reply: what have you found while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.