Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you still go out?

Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you still go out?

i got this idea from a post in the turkey forum. if you had like a severly broken leg or somethin like that and you could only get around with crutches, would you still go out hunting? most people are prolly gonna say yes im guessing but i jus kinda wanna know. i know i would go out, as long as i can hold the gun steady im good. i'd paint the crutches camo too!!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you still go out?

i'd crawl out there if my legs were gone! but painting the crutches, that's kinda cloud fairyish so no i wouldnt do it
Old 03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

squirrely would do the same hting.he jus doesnt want to admit it. AND STOP WITH THE DANG CLOUD FAIRY!!!!![:@][>:]
Old 03-24-2006, 10:37 PM

i know i would go out with broke legs ,broke arms , broke back no matter what i will still go hunting .as for squirrel i think he is hittin the fairy juice .j/k squirrel no harm ment .
Old 03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I would be out hunting. I wouldn't paint the crutches camo for rifle huntingthough. Not saying I wouldn't give it some thought for bowhunting since we mainly hunt on the ground anyways.

Tim
Old 03-25-2006, 01:54 AM

I have actually done it. Although not severely, I broke my leg in basic training in 1982 and they sent me home on convalescent leave. It was October so I spent most of those days off in a tree bow hunting with my buddies. When Igot back tothe base, my cast was in shreds. The doctors were not pleased and threatened to charge me with damaging US Army property. In those days we didn't have any climbing stands, ladder stands or even tree steps. I was sitting on a 2 x 6 across a two branches. It actually worked out pretty well. I got some free time off during bow season.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am disabled and have been crawling on my knees for years to my spots.Cant go far or drag my own deer.but that is what wives are for. Right ????????
Old 03-25-2006, 05:03 AM

I would be there at any cost. Crutches, wheelchairs, splints, cast, sling etc the can all be camoflauged.I guess I am fariyfied. LOL.I actually cut my honeymoon three days short in order to get home for early muzzloading season! It was her fault I tried to persuade her not to get married in October.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:18 AM

As long as I'm hunting from my Doublebull blind,,,,,,YES!!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I'd find a way to get in my tree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.