Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need help with a debate....

Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Default Need help with a debate....

I and a co-worker have been conversing about deer hunting. He says it is un ethical to plant a feeder/minerals etc and crawl up a tree and wait for them to come in. Said it is not hunting it is waiting on the deer to follow natural habit of food searching and the hunter takeing him is not a hunter if they have to use a feeder/block to bring them in... What are yall's opinions?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 AM

Default RE: Need help with a debate....

i feel that game, really of whatever species, can be hard enough to find, stalk and/or kill in the first place. How are you suppose to kill deer? if they have no reason for coming into your tree stand area, then they simply wont. The only way i see it possible if you were to hunt on the trail between a food source and bedding area, and even that can be tricky. Or you can stalk hunt. I feel that it is perfectly fine to use feeder. That is one of my favorite parts of hunting, locating good spots for stands, feeders, shooting lanes, etc, in an attempt to produce large deer herds (and large deer) when the season comes. I dont only think about deer when im hunting, im always thinking of new ways to make the next season better. You are already using camo, scent blocker, etc, what does a food source matter? by ur co-workers methods, he should sit in a tree stand with regular clothes and not use any scent blocker. It all goes with hunting IMO. just my thoughts.

geterdun
Old 03-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1351400
Old 03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ask him how he thinks the steak he eats gets to the market ???? surely aomeone feed the steer andkilled it???? I know thats not hunting. I hunt/kill to eat.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Ask him how he thinks the steak he eats gets to the market ???? surely aomeone feed the steer andkilled it???? I know thats not hunting. I hunt/kill to eat.

This comment is irrelivant, to my question...I am not asking to spark a debate I am simply asking for a few people thoughts...Squuirelkilla23 gave me all I needed...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Levelgrape, Squirrel has posted aPoll that was discussed before and it is 36 pages long. Nuff said!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 AM

Hence my posting directly above your reb...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM

I am actually reading everyones post there currently on page 17
Old 03-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: levelgrape

Hence my posting directly above your reb...
10-4, good buddy!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If hunting bait is legal in the state you're talking about, then they're really shouldn't be a "right or wrong". Growing up hunting in Michigan, first 5 years I was hunting exclusively over bait. Now, I prefer not to. When you scout out an area, set-up based on sign, it's much more rewarding. You also learn alot more when you have to hunt the deer in a natural pattern. My 2 cents.....

Quick Reply: Need help with a debate....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.