Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL >

DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Old 02-26-2006, 12:03 PM

Default RE: DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

RedAllison...you just described the perfect typical for me. I could not have expressed it any better than you. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 PM

GregH are those Doctor Meyer's actual heads, or two other replica's headed elsewhere? He told me who he got all the heads from but that was a few years ago and I can't remember the specifics now. Do you have any other pics as well? The heads are MOST impressive when viewed about 2ft above eye level with any open background. That pic just doesn't do them justice for anyone that hasn't seen the two side by side (lol care to tell anyone how much money you are holding in each hand there? I don't think many realize how much money these largest replicas are bringing nowadays!). The perspective is skewed because you are standing between THE two largest framed typical whitetails in existance!

If you know "Doc" very well you know he is quite a character!
RA
Old 02-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW Greg those make my little ole Canadian buck look like a spike !

dd
Old 02-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mine would be a big knarley non typical.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dd was your opinion biased
Old 02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awwwwww ...MINE??? ....Nawwwwwww LOL ..what would make you think THAT?

dd
Old 02-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

GregH are those Doctor Meyer's actual heads, or two other replica's headed elsewhere? He told me who he got all the heads from but that was a few years ago and I can't remember the specifics now. Do you have any other pics as well? The heads are MOST impressive when viewed about 2ft above eye level with any open background. That pic just doesn't do them justice for anyone that hasn't seen the two side by side (lol care to tell anyone how much money you are holding in each hand there? I don't think many realize how much money these largest replicas are bringing nowadays!). The perspective is skewed because you are standing between THE two largest framed typical whitetails in existance!

If you know "Doc" very well you know he is quite a character!
RA
Those heads are the real deal. The guy in the pic is my old taxidermist and friend who retired and moved up north. He is friends with Larry Hoffman who used to own the legendary whitetail collection. Hoffman stopped by after his purchase to show my buddy and uncrated them for a pic. He bought a third head and paid $200,000 for all three. $100,000 was for the Jordan buck. I believe this was just after Milo Hanson shot the current WR buck. I believe that Hoffman sold his collection to Bass Pro Shops, but I'm not sure who has possesion of them now.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard to beat the look of a nice tall symetrical rack with good 5-6 inch Circum. measurements. never hurts to have some symetrical stickers and kickers on each side to make him look knarly eh? A few years back I saw a 14-16 point typical in the ADK Mt.'s , I got enough of a look at him to make my jaw hit the ground, man was he one awesome specimen, unfortunatly he got a better look at me and I only got a cruising shot off and he lived to see another day
Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say my two favorites are the "knife handle buck" and the Rath buck
Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta be with everyone else....a big non-typical works for me. Wait a minute though, a typical well thats the cake....wait, non-typical....typical..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quick Reply: DREAM RACK TYPICAL OR NON-TYPICAL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.