Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING >

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Old 02-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Once in Maryland I was hunting crows. i honestly don't need a call for I can sound just like them. It was weird, I called themand in came about 4 .I shot one and it tumbled to the ground. What happened next looked like an episode from Alfred Hickcock's The BIrds Movie. About a dozen came in soaring over my head..I'm thnking this is great i knocked off some more.Then the air was black with crows. They were really upset at the killing of the crows.They were swooping down at me etc. I ran out of shells and quickly walked home .
That was really weird.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

well theres a few thatI can remember but this one sticks with me the most. It was about 13 yrs ago, I was hunting on state property and was hard at it, (due to the jobI had at the timeI could hunt all the time). anyway I was in the stand all morning in the rain and was soaking ringing wet. Not seeing anything and thinking about another stand site location, at about 11:00 I decided I would get down, pull the stand and setup for the afternoon hunt in another location. I lowered my bow down and unhooked the stand and started taking out the steps as I came down.I got about half way down the tree and heard leaves rustling coming my way.I looked and there was a 6 ptr standing looking at me 15 yds out in front of my stand. I slowly looked down at my bow on the ground holding on tight to the tree and looked back at him. he stood there looking at me forever, he looked as if he was saying what the hell is that on the side of the tree.finally he started walking away real slow andI came down the tree as quiet as I could, whenI got to the base I grabbed my grunt and blew he stopped and turned and looked in my direction. I messed up and blew the grunt again and he focused right in on me and bolted out of the area. I was a lil upset at first and was ready to throw in the towel but now that I look at, I laugh. I learned alot that day,.......LMAO
Old 02-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

u got some luck leathal lol

well i laugh every time just before i shoot always gets a good laugh from my dad

BOut the funniest thing i have ever sen in the stand was a pair of does staning on their back legs fighting

now i wasnt hunting but rather on my front porch and acroos the feild comes two deer a mama and a fawn well the mom clears the ditch no problem but the fawn jusmped and.... wham right into the other side of the ditch i imagine it shook her up for a while thought i was gonna die laughing
Old 02-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got to post this one. A guy I used to work with had a group of does run out in the road in front of him on his way to work early one morning. He slowed to a stop and all the sudden he heard a loud crash. He got out to look at the side of his truck but couldn't find any damage. He heard clanking in the back of his truck looking up to see a doe standing in the bed of his truck. Said the deer looked at him for a second, jumped out the back and busted its butt on the pavment, got up and ran off. That would make me scratch my head in the early morning.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was out one afternoon. Everything was calm and peaceful. Haven't seen a deer yet. Just sitting back watching the wildlife around me. Then I hear the faint noise of sirens in the distance. Didn't think much of it. Probably a fire or accident someplace.
About 20 minutes later the sirens are still going and it seems as if they multiplied. They still seem quite a ways away. I'm figuring holy crap this must be something serious. Then I see something I thought I would never see in my wildest imagination in the woods. 2 guys in orange jumpsuits are hauling arse across a cut corn field I could see from my treestand. It didnt' take long to put 2 and 2 together.There is a county jail about 5 miles from where i was hunting.Apparantely they escaped and were on the run. They ran through the field and into the woods about 100 yards from me. They ran right in front of me! Never knew I was there. I got a good look at them and you could tell they were prison suits.
I didn't know what to make of it. I figured there's really no sense of hunting anymore. I'd better get down and notify somebody. I'm kind of sitting there in awe. I start to pack my stuff up and the sirens are getting louder and louder. Then I look to my left back to the corn field and from over the hill comes an army of law enforcement people. It looked like one of those old war movies where they all come over the hill at once. Within a minute the woods were loaded with cops all around me, yelling,sirens blaring, and a helicopter overhead.I just sat there frozen saying to myself WTF is going on...you have to be kidding me. I got down and talked to a couple cops and told them what I saw. They questioned me briefly and ******ed me back to my vehicle.
They ended up catching up with them about 1/2 mile away. Without a doubt the strangest thing I've ever seen while hunting. So much for hunting those woods that day.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

pheasant hunting with all the buddies we kicked out a NICE buck bedded in some NASTY stuff...no woods around....corn field..hay field..and nasty crap...it was one of the saturdays...my buddy killed his earlier that season and offered to get up early and hunt with me before we started the big drives at 10 or 11am....i knew that was a perfect drive for just me and him....dropped him off at the far end..i drove to the other end and set up to wait......half way through he starts screaming...this kid can REALLY yell...and when he gets excited he doesnt stop yelling...and he will chase a deer and get it going the right direction...screaming and running full speed..ITS A BUCK!!! IT GOT HORNS!!!! hes a good 200yds away and i could hear him perfectly.....we got a GOOD snowfall the day and night before..about 6-8 inches....the buck ran across the open fields not 75yds from me....mach4...i pulled up...friend is still SCREAMING his head off...he couldnt see me and didnt know if i could see the buck.....i was set up bad for an open field shot....figured they would come through the thicket and cross an opening i had..not run the open field...i couldnt get a shot off....but i had to laugh when the buck tripped and fell out of a dead run....that had to hurt! he got back on his feet REAL quick....his momentum flipped him right to his feet and he was gone.....never seen him again.....cant believe he didnt get hurt...
Old 02-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I gotta say, the poop story and the prison break have to be the best so far. Man nothing like the stuff you guys are saying has happened to me, or at least I cant remember.

Here is one that I thought was funny. '89 or '90 I am in HS, I go up a road near Fortine MT to my secret rattling spot. I get close and see this huge beautiful F250 crew cab, custom wheels, winch, topper, chrome this and that, beautiful truck with Texas plates. I am thinking you got to be kidding me,why did these guysdecide to hunt here. So OK whatever, I go up the road antherhalf mile or so and book it into the trees and set up to rattle. It wasn't 10 minutes, I hear radio squelch echoing throughout the woods. In about 5 minutes, a wave of does and bucks(one was gigantic) came flying through the woods right at me. One doe almost stepped on me. I couldn't get a shot at any, they were running for their lives. The fear in these deer just about made me wanna run. In another 10 minutes I see them, 5 guys walking abreast spread across the woods, clad in orange jumpsuits, orange hats, orange gloves, I think they even painted their guns orange. They were taking to each other on their walkie talkies, they were elk hunting from what I could gather. I decided to get my arse out of there pronto. It was hilarious. And its not a knock on Texans, I just know it was guys who saw a Cabelas catalog one day, bought all the "stuff"and decided to go hunting in Montana.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Usually the night before opening rifle season we all camp out and drink a little and tell stories. Well this older fellow drank alot that night and barely got up in time to get out there hunting. We all go out to our spots and come back around lunch. This guy was taking water and dumping it on his head and we couldn't figure out why. Apparently, he acquired some of the beer sh*ts and had to go real bad. He pulled down hiscoveralls and accidently crapped in his hood and didn't realize it. When he put his coveralls back on and pulled the hood over his head he got it all over his head and around his neck. It was disgusting but I laughed so hard..I still laugh about it.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

HAHAHA...Hey Loud, do you guys call him SH*THEAD now??
Old 02-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, this one didn't happen to me but rather my father when we were out on a hunt one day. He gets to his spot and begins strapping his climber to the tree. As soon as he gets in and starts to climb he hears a noise and looks to his right. Standing there 15 yards away is a nice 8 point. He figures "well, this thing is gonna run no matter what I do so I might as well keep climbing". He then proceeds to climb to the top of the tree, pull up his bow, nock an arrow and shoot the deer. The deer just stood there the entire time as if he was just waiting to get shot. If all the deer in my area are that stupid no wonder we don't see more.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.