Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

new product poll

Old 02-04-2006, 03:53 PM

Default new product poll

hi i have developed a new hunting produ
http://deerscentdisk.bravehost.com [/align]ct and would like some reveiws,,,and is any one has advice on free press please help me,,, look at this product and give me a opinion,this is a reusable scent disk ,you just add scent and tosss,,, its small to and will not leak,,,in looking for a big name company such as tinks or buckstop to take this on,,,,im hoping you will be able to buy this product in your local hunting store this fall,if you like this product and would like to be able to buy this this fall please help me out by leaving your comments hear then email your comments to this address [email protected]and say you would like to see this product be made avalible to the public, in the 5 to 7 dollar price range,,,,please fellow hunters by you doing this you are making my dream come true by getting my product on the market ,,,but i need the help of hunters, hunters are the people who know ,,,give your opion and then please send the email,,,,thank you eric
Old 02-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new product poll

hmmmm, you want us to make YOU rich.....what do WE get out of it?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:11 PM

I don't mind giving my opinion if I knew you were using this forum because you enjoy it and not as a testing group.

With only one post to your name, I cannot decide which.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Neat looking little gadget. However you can get the same result by placing your scent in an empty film canister, pop the lid back on (no mess) and throw it from your tree stand ( lid off of course) and get the same result. When you get home throw it away. No cost and best of all, no stinky little container to store at home.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:07 PM

I wish you well with your endeavors. But that is as far as I can go to help you out. I would not be interested in a product like that at all. I used a scent wick sometimes and a film canister with cotton others. Cost is extremely low, and it works extremely well. It comes under the adage, if it aint broke don't fix it. JMHO
Old 02-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck < I just spray the scent on my pants and sneakers.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

No thanks! I make my own! Very little cost!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I hope you've done a patent search , because I've seen remarkably similar products already on the market . Besides , you're competing against disposables like tampons and sanitary napkins that can be prepared ahead and disposed of after use , as well as commonly available reuseable scent containers/pads/wicks with similar features. I already have a cannister type scent dispenser with a clockwork vent opening/closing system that I can put out in advance just like a scent dripper and set to open and close at ideal time frames, why would I buy yours ?With the exception of synthetics , deer pee degrades too fast for such a product to be useful after the first day anyway . Good luck selling it though , it looks like a novelty item at best to me , and it isn't even a new idea . This is one by Pete Rickard: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=57220, and it isn't the first that I've seen .

Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Five to seven bucks apiece and you have to add your own scent? Something tells me you won't ever make a dollar off of this project.