Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who all reloads?

Old 02-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default who all reloads?

was just wondering who all reloads? I was going to post this on the reloading forum but thought they might be a little biest. I was looking at getting into it, but the wife thinks it costs too much. I have3 differant rifles, 22-250, 25-06, and 300 win mag. I don't shoot all that much, but would do more if the ammo would be cheaper, but with what I do now, don't know if I could justify it. any thoughts!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who all reloads?

I have been reloading over 30 years and love it! At first, I started to save money because I do a lot of shooting but after a few years it wasn't about the money,ACCURACY is my #1 reason for reloading! Great hobby and very addictive...
Old 02-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

For the answer to your question, "Who all reloads?" I would think it would be answered best by going to the reloading forum.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

I reload mostly shotgun right now but i will be reloading for my WBY mag soon
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 AM

I would suspect that most of those in the reloading forum would be reloaders.

With that said, I relaod and have for about 30 years. I started reloadign to save some money but mainly for accuracy. I reload 30-30, 30.06, .308, 5.56x45, .357, .45, and have the setup for 9mm.

You can get startedby buying second hand gear off the web or ata local gun store. If you are not going to shoot much it may not be worth it. I still get a certain amount of satisfaction from getting a good clean kill with one shot that I loaded myself.I havejustified it as a hobby. Just one man's opinion.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I have just about every die set, loading presses, 3 scales, all the measuring tools, bullets, powder, primers and 2 MEC prsses (12ga) and (20ga) and all conponents. I have'nt reloaded for the last 10yrs. I started reloading in 1956 to 1996.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:09 AM
bigcountry

I have been into the game for a long time and will you, it might take 15 years to recoup your money.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have been into the game for a long time and will you, it might take 15 years to recoup your money.

I have everything to load the 6.5mmSwede and I go pay $44+tax/20 for Norma.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mastevt,
Let me start by saying that I found some "cheap" ($8.86/box for 270) ammo at Academy this past weekend. It is made in Serbia by Monarch (which I have never heard of), but they make several major caliber choices at very good prices.

I have just started reloading for rifle myself. I bought a 375 H&H a while back andhave started out reloading for it. There is a savingsin loading for my 375 H&H, and I am looking into reloading for my 270. If you want to start out small (and inexpensive), you could use the Lee Loader kits (which is what I am doing). These kits can be picked up for less than $20 and are very easy to use.Good luck.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 AM

I've reloaded for about 25 years. Its fun and rewarding but is probably not really economical. The danger is becoming a rifle loony - these are the guys (like me) who buy and use stuff like chronographs and wildcat dies.

Quick Reply: who all reloads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.