Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait? >

Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I think a wait up to 24 months is not unreasonable
1.45%
I think a wait up to 18 months is not unreasonable
11.59%
I think a wait up to 12 months is long enough
59.42%
I think 6 months is long enough to wait...
27.54%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

Old 02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

Whats the hurry? I got mine back in 2 1/2 months this year but have waited a year like everyone else. I don't think ole Bill owes the infamous DD nothing. I got to hand it to ole Bill though, the cream rises to the top.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:41 PM

This buck was not killed by me, but it was mounted by one of my taxidermist. The actual mount of the deer cost $100 more then standard, because its considered a pedestal mount. But the hunter had it back in a few months.

Some of you guys are really getting screwed when you want 10+ months for a mount, especially when/if your only getting average quality work back in return...

Old 02-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Whats the hurry? I got mine back in 2 1/2 months this year but have waited a year like everyone else. I don't think ole Bill owes the infamous DD nothing. I got to hand it to ole Bill though, the cream rises to the top.
Motohonky your right ...Bill and I owe one another nothing except to be honest and objective ...
dd
Old 02-04-2006, 06:22 PM

Personally, I have no problem waiting for 8 to 12 months. I wouldn't wait 18 because there are pleanty of quality taxis out there that can do as good or better and stay within the 12 months.

That said, I have to hand it to Bill. Telling his customers up front the wait is 18 months at least gives them the choice. If they think he is worth it, then more power to him and them. At least he answered the questions and addressed the issues up front. That counts for a whole lot in today's world.

R
Hank
Old 02-04-2006, 06:55 PM

this is a very broad question what kind of work is the taxidermist doing is he doing a shoulder mount or a full body mount. Anyway i think 12 months is long enough to wait.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Motohonky your right ...Bill and I owe one another nothing except to be honest and objective ...
dd

My comment was unjustified DD I apologize for that.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

the thing that gripes me is every mount i have had done so far the time quoted was anywhere from 6 months to 18 months and every single one of them has gone at least twice the time line that was quoted. this is three different taxidermist and the mounts were squirrel, ram, multiple deer, coyote, and elk .

all i ever ask is give me the time line if it is agreeable to me then i will give you the job. but do not take twice as long with no good excuse for it
Old 02-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd

My comment was unjustified DD I apologize for that.
Thank you M.T.H .....

dd
Old 02-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

A good, and popular Taxi is going to take about 12 months! It all depends on the amount of work comming in, and the time of the season youbring it intoo!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot depends on what you want too! You can get good, or you can get fast, and maybe a little of both!
But, if you are patient enough to wait on the shot in the woods, whats a little time at the Taxidermists!? After all, he ain't goin nowhere, anymore!

Quick Reply: Taxidermist ...just how long should we be expected to wait?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.