Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Learned my Lesson On Polls

Old 01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Learned my Lesson On Polls

First of all I want to thanks everyone who contributed in a positive way to the poll where I asked "Should drug tipped arrows be legal for humane reasons" ...but I have learned that trying to post a legit question like this is usless ... I had hoped it would be an informitive topic and we might all learn something from it but some on here wanted to debate the unfair advantge it gave the user and ofcouse that was not the question. I knew it was controversial but I always thought controversy breeds debate and opens up adialog for an objective discussion but obviously I was wrong. I think it is obvious based on the vote that most find the use of drug tipped arrows not be be humane.I appogise to the forum members for some of the things said in this post and do not plan on particpating in another of my own.

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM

Default RE: Learned my Lesson On Polls

I liked it! never new such a method was legal. Not planing on using but didn't post in it for the reasons you said. Also how about moving your meeting up north, I will compromise say maybe Columbus Ohio. Lol! just jealious I cant come for it.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with a good debate, Doc. That's part of the reason the forums are here. People may not agree on the issue, but at least they will be exposed to the other side. I feel it is much better for us to debate here where it's for the most part harmless, than in other places where the time and manner degrades the image of all hunters.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know what you mean. BIG TIME. Many can't see a bigger picture than the corner of their own mind.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep up the good work Doc! i have always appreciated your input and suggestions in ALL the threads that you start or contribute too.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i found it to be a good time reading all the post
Old 01-31-2006, 12:18 AM

There has been worse pissing contests on the forum. I learned a lot from many posts.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree 3D, this debate was civil, compared to many past ones!
It was not a bad poll at all DD!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing wrong with a hunting related poll on here. I honestly thought that the drug tipped arrows were deemed illegal 20 or more years ago. A friend of mine told me about them some 35 years ago. There must not be a lot of problems with the stuff or it would have been brought up before now.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I feel the problem was you can't ask a question like that and have it pertain to only one part of the whole.

There are more variables then is it humane.

Quick Reply: Learned my Lesson On Polls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.