HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/130623-should-hunting-drug-tipped-arrows-legal.html)

3Ddepression 01-27-2006 01:05 PM

RE: Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal?

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Do you bowhunt in Sweden 3D?

Do you know the problems we face already with how our sport is protrayed?
Nope, have tried a compound bow at a time but never got anything near good results. It is totally illegal with bow hunting here. It was a tiny issue in the 80s, when the few enthusiasts we have wanted to doit, but it is not considered an ethical way to kill deer. To small marigins. Also being quiet labelsbows as a poaching weapon.We dont have a tradition of it either so it is not many peoples loss. I guess that the challenge is what thecore of bowhunting is.I am very impressed with any man who can sneak up on a deer and keep his cool to get a good shot.

I believe it can be hard to see many people appreiciating men in camo with poisonus weapons. The hair in my neck rose when I read this thread but from a hunting perspective I can not come up with why it should be banned. Believe me,my emotions are trying to make me come up with arguments against this icky poison thing.

Charlie P 01-27-2006 01:09 PM

if

you want to try a 200 yard shot with a bow knowing it will either be a clean kill (using a pod) or a clean miss what is unetical about that
But that's not true you can still wound a deer using a pod.
"The only scenario that Anectine® would possibly allow you to harvest a deer with a marginal hit is with a 'flesh' muscular wound where the Anectine® powder is introduced into the blood stream via absorption by the muscular blood vessels. "

.."I see no difference in that and a rifle hunter taking a 500 yard running shot at a buck on a bush push .."

Something elseI wouldn't do. I personally won't take a shot I can't practice.

I understand it if YOU find it unethical and not YOUR definition of archery but others may not find anything wrong with it.

Good for them. I don't care if they do find it ethical.If your taking pop shots it's not ethical in my book.

buckhunter14 01-27-2006 01:11 PM

That is ridicolus IMO, because say you hit the deer in a place where it wouldn't die (i.e. gut, hind leg, etc.) the deer would die from the poison but you would never find it. Where it may have had a chance to live otherwise.

I think this would make people take longer, harder, and worse shots that they normally would because they have the mind set that if they hit it is is dead.

DoctorDeath 01-27-2006 01:12 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Charlie P

if

you want to try a 200 yard shot with a bow knowing it will either be a clean kill (using a pod) or a clean miss what is unetical about that
But that's not true you can still wound a deer using a pod.
"The only scenario that Anectine® would possibly allow you to harvest a deer with a marginal hit is with a 'flesh' muscular wound where the Anectine® powder is introduced into the blood stream via absorption by the muscular blood vessels. "

/quote]

Charlie if what you have stated above is true which it seems to make sence to me then I would have to agree with you.

dd

Charlie P 01-27-2006 01:13 PM

DD< for me bowhunting is about how close I can kill something.

Archery is about how far away I can hit something.

"In addition to the NBEF, the Pope & Young Club, The National Field Archery Association, The Professional Bowhunters Society, and The American Archery Council are opposed to drugged arrows."

Obviosly I'm not the only one that has a problem with the pod.

Charlie P 01-27-2006 01:18 PM

Plus the fact that not what archery hunting is about.

I guessI should have said.

Plus the fact that is not what bowhunting is about for me.;)

This is where I found the article.

http://www.mississippibowhunters.com/htm.files/anectine.htm

Oneshot7 01-27-2006 01:21 PM

i put no because it wouldnt matter if you made agood shot or not on the deer. I mkean you could shoot it in the leg and it would killit as long as it hit a blood vessel. it take the challenge of making a good shot away

Legacy357 01-27-2006 01:23 PM

i think they could make something that cause the blood a bright neon color so its easier to track

lethalconnection 01-27-2006 01:44 PM

I dont know about that. I would think it would take the skill involved in hunting out of hunting. Because before you would have to calm yourself down concentrate, wait for a vital shot then fire. Now all you would have to do is take the first shot even if all you have is the guts or leg to shot at hey why not the animal would die. I dont know i find it un sporting in my eyes.

lethalconnection 01-27-2006 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

i put no because it wouldnt matter if you made agood shot or not on the deer. I mkean you could shoot it in the leg and it would killit as long as it hit a blood vessel. it take the challenge of making a good shot away
so i would have to agree with oneshot it would just take the challenge of hunting away and in my eyes thats the best thing about hunting.