Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
White
45.71%
Red
8.57%
Blue
28.57%
Green
8.57%
Other
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

What color tracking light?

Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default What color tracking light?

What color tracking light do you use on a blood trail?

Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 AM

Default RE: What color tracking light?

My Browning Black Ice, has a super bright LED, it is a blue-white color. It's such bright white, it almost looks like a blue tint. When tracking, the blood just glitters in the light.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

i pretty much grab any thing on hand. the old maglite

Old 01-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Browning Black Ice, has a super bright LED, it is a blue-white color.
MDYB, what bulb configuration is in your black ice? They have 4 different configs available in this same light. I am curious b/c I personally haven't found many LED's to be super bright. About the only benefit I have found with LEDs is power consumption properties are much lower. My petzel has finally given up the ghost and I am in need of find a suitable replacement. So I'd be interested in some more details about your browning? I may have to check them out. Thanks

BTW the petzel wasa goodhunting light, plenty bright and best of all hands free. The only complaint is battery life. Mine held 4 AA's which isn't thatspendy but it seemed to chew em up pretty quickly in continued use situations. They also froze very easily, due to the battery pack design (plastic). In Saskatchewan that isn't a great quality!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to use a coleman latern. That really makes the blood stand out. I also use my mini-mag with the LED insert. That works really well too.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

While tracking my first deer ever this year, I alternated between white and blue. The blue really made the blood trail stand out. Wanted to try a colemanlantern, but it was in my truck a couple of miles away.

-Rick C.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

My Browning Black Ice, has a super bright LED, it is a blue-white color.
MDYB, what bulb configuration is in your black ice? They have 4 different configs available in this same light. I am curious b/c I personally haven't found many LED's to be super bright. About the only benefit I have found with LEDs is power consumption properties are much lower. My petzel has finally given up the ghost and I am in need of find a suitable replacement. So I'd be interested in some more details about your browning? I may have to check them out. Thanks
My Black Ice has the 6V with the center Xenon bulb and 6 LED lights. It isn't a spot beam by any means, but I havn't found a LED to be (yet...) I think the Black Ice is just a great handy little flashlight, that always got me in and out of the woods. The Xenon bulb isn't worth a hoot, the Bulb never lasts very long, but I find the LED's more useful anyways.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

MDYB thanks for the info.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

blue
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 AM

i just bow a two flashlight set from gander mnt. that has a 1watt LED in it and it is extremly bright, now just ready for next season so i can put it to use(the set came with a 1watt and a 3watt light but i cant see a difference between the two.

Quick Reply: What color tracking light?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.