Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Look at this doe

Old 01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default Look at this doe

What do you think is wrong with this doe

Old 01-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Look at this doe

I have heard of having a lump in yer throat but that is unreal! The poor thing should probably be taken out. The buck I got this year had an infection inbetween his horns from sparring. He had to have been in pain. EJ
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Site Buck Guru

That is a tumor i believe. I shot a doe with one in the exact same spot. Not that big though, about softball sized.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:43 PM

About 10 years ago we had a doe that looked just like that one!! We had her and one that had a injured front leg all through rifle season that we kept seeing but we would not shoot. Well on the last day my uncle put a drive on and we both knew that them two would come out! And sure enough they did. I had not taken anything yet so I chose the one with the injured leg! We figured it was a tumor. The one that we seen had it from the throat down to the brisket and it was the size of a basketball! That is the only deer I have ever seen with a tumor like that other than in magazines and the one you posted here!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

probably a tumor or an abcess from a previous wound
Old 01-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

But if you shot her.......would ya eatthe meat?
I dont think I could.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad you didn't see her during season and put her out of her misery....
Old 01-19-2006, 08:04 AM
car
Typical Buck

Bow season is still in. No I wouldn't eat her. I had a doe two years ago that was like this one but the swelling was under her hind legs.She could hardly move.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:05 AM

I have seen that before on deer. Believe it or not I know someone who took a deer with the same bulge in the same area. Well he took it to the DEP officers and they cut the sack that was filled with a yellowish liquid. Inside floating freely was a broad head. The officers explained that it is common for a deer to be shot ( bullet or arrow ) and not be fatally wounded. With the bullet or broadhead stuck inside the deers body itwill form a protective sack around the object and very slowly push the object through the skin, it's natures way of protecting them from injury's.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:23 PM

we took a spike this year off the land that had the same problem, except it was on his leg and it was probably not comfortable for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.