Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow
52.00%
Gun
41.33%
Muzzleloader
4.00%
Throwing knives
0%
your bare hans
2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Guns vs bows

Old 01-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guns vs bows

which would you rather hunt deer with
Old 01-18-2006, 12:20 PM

Default RE: Guns vs bows

i would have to say bow. eventhough i have yet to get a deer with my bow. but i have seen more deer with my bow. then again... it could be where i hunted with each

Old 01-18-2006, 12:35 PM

With me it's actually a toss up between rifle and bow.For the intensity and the adrenaline rush i would have to say bow because there's nothing like having a 1000lb bull moose 30yds from you and all you have is a arrow to stop the huge beast. For succes rate and for filling the freezer i would have to rifle.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:36 PM

I love both for different reasons.

Gun I love the good times back at camp with all the guys, the good food, the excitment of the deer drives, all of the stories you have heard a 100 times but don't mind hearing them again...

Bow I love the calmness, the wait it takes to get a good shot, hunting hard and pulling 20 hour days, setting up stands, etc.

I hunt in very good bow hunting areas for Ontario but Gun hunt were there aren't as many deer and the ones that I gun hunt are far from stupid... most of 'em. If I only hunted with bow were I gun hunt I don't think I would really like it.

I voted gun but it is to hard to call.[&:]

[/align]
Old 01-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok who voted your bare hans lol
Old 01-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

my ideal dream would be to have a large tract of land with nothing but bow hunting for deer, but like that ole alan jackson song "here in the real world" i live with gun hunting and when everybody else has a gun, i carry mine, there have been a few exceptions, and i realize bow hunting is not for everyone, but there is no greater rush that i know of than having a deer within 10 yrds and making/pulling off the shot
Old 01-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

all ive ever hunted with is a gun so thats what i pick. but im thinkin of pickin up bow hunting.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather take a deer with a bow but in IL our bucks prime rut time falls in gun season. So I don't hesitate to pick up the ole smoke pole and go after them with that.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

with the bow that i am getting shortly i might have to change my answer but right nowit is guns
Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me its hands down, THE BOW! I love having the deer so close that it can hear me heart pounding! I like being in gun camp as well because the stories and good times!

Quick Reply: Guns vs bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.