Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER IN YOUR BACK YARD

Old 01-17-2006, 08:43 PM

Default DEER IN YOUR BACK YARD

HOW MANY CAN ENJOY SEEING DEER IN YOUR BACK YARD,I HAVE SOMELAND AND MY TWO BOYS KEEP THE DEER FED EVERYDAY AND WE WATCH THEM AT NIGHT, WE DON'T HUNT OR SHOOT THEM. THERES ONE REALLY NICE ONE OUT THERE, BUT HE HAS TWO BROKEN TINES,HE'LL COME UP TO ABOUT 10 YARDS FROM THE POOL AND LOOK AROUND, GUESS HE WANTS TO THANK THE BOYS FOR SUPPER.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: DEER IN YOUR BACK YARD

Thats pretty cool. Nice buck
Old 01-17-2006, 08:45 PM

Thats cool. Thats my dream to beable to sit in my hot tub and pick out the deer im going to harvest the next day. Your one lucky guy.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:04 PM

I don't have this luxury, but my uncle sure does. He has harvested 3 nice does out of his back yard this year. They always come up to eat his garden every year when he has things planted. Maybe he'll get more produce next year.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost every morning and afternoon from mid-October to mid-November There are about 10 deer in a field right out my kitchen window. We have seen some really nice bucks in there for a few years.

In 2002 and 2003 we saw a HUGE deer there that just narrowly missed arrows from both me (2 different times, one each year)and one of my friends. My dad and one of his friends saw him one day out in another field and they both said he wasright around 180 inches.Last year we saw a nice 8 point and a tall 10 point in it and then again this year we saw the same 2 deer. The 8 point has really grown into a bueatiful buck. He is about 20-22 inches inside spread with his G2's around 10 inches with decent mass.

BTW we usually only hunt this field when we are trying to harvest does. We see a lot more deer when we back off into the brush about 100 yards on the main trails going to it.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Dominant Buck

On on One, I also have them on my place all around the house. We have to be very careful at night when we drive in or out ofthe driveway, my driveway is over 1200ft from the house. Back in Oct. of last year, my wife wakes me up around 3am to show me a 12pt and an 8pt and 6 does eating about 12ft from my bedroomwindow.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I am very fortunate and get to see quite a few deer in my backyard. Here are a few of my favorites. I also have a few threads in the bowhunting section titled 'Backyard Bucks'
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1193893&mpage=1&key=Backyard%2cb ucksí±í¾¥

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/post.aspx?do=reply&messageID=1384277&toSty le=tm

All taken out of my office window.

These are from fall 05...
a couple of 8's

3 legged non typical

From the summer 05...
Looking out the family room windw

These are from the fall of 04...
nice 8 (which I know believe is the NT above)

Big 10

Old 01-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see deer in my yard. Mainly over the summer. Thier patterns change by fall and winter and I see them less frequently. I have arrowed at least one doe behind the house a year since i've moved in. The 1st year I moved in I saw 2 real big bucks, but nothing but scrubs since then.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have got lots of deer in my back yard a nice 8 and a lot of does i can see them nightly and we have killed an 8 a broke of 8 pnt and a 6 point
Old 01-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I see deer in my yard. Mainly over the summer. Thier patterns change by fall and winter and I see them less frequently. I have arrowed at least one doe behind the house a year since i've moved in. The 1st year I moved in I saw 2 real big bucks, but nothing but scrubs since then.
Same here , I still managed to take two this year from my back 5 . Once I get the fruit and nut trees I want planted and producingthis place is gonna be sweet . [8D]

Quick Reply: DEER IN YOUR BACK YARD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.