Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cant we all just get along?

Old 01-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cant we all just get along?

i'm in

i know that i havent always followed these rules but it's partly because everyone is always questioning my ability to post just because of my age. so please PLEASE stop the " how old are you" and things like that. just because i'm one of the younger ones on here doesnt mean that i'm not able to post where i want to. but i'm in
Old 01-16-2006, 07:11 PM

I guess I'm in, but it goes against everything I believe in. lol joking
Old 01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

i'm in

i know that i havent always followed these rules but it's partly because everyone is always questioning my ability to post just because of my age. so please PLEASE stop the " how old are you" and things like that. just because i'm one of the younger ones on here doesnt mean that i'm not able to post where i want to. but i'm in
Squirrel just speaking for myself its young men like you and Stillhuntthat makes and will continue to make this sport great ..you can post to my thread ANYTIME !

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm in

I'm responsible for one of the "how old are you"'s.... My apologies Squirrel, your posts are welcome as a view from the younger hunters (myself included!)
Old 01-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

DD, you have been one of the ones that has been the best to me. thank you for not questioning me or my posts. bionic, thank you for appologising, you werent the only one that did it. no hard feelings to anyone here. and i know that i may have some strong posts sometimes that just means that i can voice my opinons quite loudly. FOR THE RECORD I'M 12 OK 12 YEARS OLD! there i hope that clears everything up. and by the way DD, i just wiped out my first deer this year with the shotgun my grandfather passed down after he died. 12 ga. J.C. higgins shooting a 3 inch sabot slug. to say the least it kicked. lol.i just hope i'll be able to take 12 in one year! good job dd.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I would say at 12 years old your using a "mans" gun ..I am sure your grandpa is very proud of you ...man first deer and use a shotgun ... YOU DA MAN !!

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Squirrelkilla, I got an old JC Higgins semi auto, passed down from a great uncle! I'll haven't used it for deer yet but have killed a bunch of ducks.squirrels/rabbits with it! Something cool about using a gun that your older relatives used, I think it keeps you close to them. I have a 30-06 my grandpa gave me before he died and think of him everytime I see it!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, lets not try so hard to be good that we have no fun. When I see a or a or a or LOL after someone takes a jab at me, I'd take it as a joke. Stirring the pot is OK as long as it's in jest. Differences of opinion should and will pop up. As long as we treat the other guy like he's across the table not across the world, everything should work out.

Frinstance: dd that is one awesome buck you have there, but if you were a lady deer would you want to take that thing home to introduce it to Momma?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

dd, he would be proud of me if he were still alive. he died when i was 2 1/2. he would take me down in the woods every day on the allis chalmers and we would play on a huge moss coverd hill. i was his favorite grandson and he got so mad when my parents went and cut my curls off ( yes isaid curls) he didnt talk to them for a month because they took his little baby and turned him into a little boy. my dad tryed and tryed to get me to use a .410 but there was no way. i had to use my grandpa's gun. it's a great gun. it was shooting the bottom of a popcan at 40 yards open sight before we took it down hunting and it got messed up shooting low and right. i missed a huge doe earlier in the morning and after seeing 2 spikes battle it out 10 yards away for a doe that was coming in i took the doe. best hunt i was ever in. i didnt take the spikes because it was management property and i had to take a doe. sorry for the long story but i just thought i would add that part. ( the gun was having trouble ejecting the 3 inch shells and i looked and it was chambered for 2 3/4. )
Old 01-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personal potshots are certainly uncalled for, and if I think one is directed at me, I usually have fun at using my wit to send one in return. For the most part though, I like all the different personalities that hang around here. I would sure hate for it to get boring.

C. Davis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.