Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My first buck

Old 01-16-2006, 10:22 AM

Default My first buck

Hey yall, this is my first year ever hunting, my buddy from school got me into it, and well, now im hooked. So far I've harvested five this season, 3 does, a spike and finally a decent size 8 pointer. Just thought i would post a few shots of it.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My first buck

MAN Lil thats a GREAT buck ..specally for the first one NOW YOU DA MAN !

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

awesome buck. do you have a story about it. POst up the details for us that like to hear them stories.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:29 AM

Congrats on a fine buck!!! So, whats the story? Gotta have the story! LOL
Old 01-16-2006, 10:50 AM

Here's the story, I live on a farm in Montgomery county Maryland, and all my life i have seen tons of deer on my property and neighboring WSSC. I've always enjoyed looking at them, and have longed to go and shoot some. Well, my Dad said i could only shoot adeer if i knew had to field dress, skin and butcher it. Well, being in montgomery county where there are not too many hunters, i have no way of learning how to do this.
Well now i goto Salisbury University on the Eastern shore of Maryland, where the people are more into hunting and fishing etc. So my buddy at school took me hunting for the weekend, well after 3 times in the stand i had two deer and i missed on another. From then on i've been hooked.
Well ever since i've been home from winter break i've been building treestands all over my woods. Well the first tree stand i put up was on the border of my property and WSSC, right on the border because that is where i've seen most of the deer. Well i finished my stand, and the very next morning i decided to hunt it. I went out with my 20 gauge 870, and about 15 minutes after sunrise i saw two does, but they were in WSSC and out of range for my shotgun without a scope. So after passing the two does, about 10 minutes later this buck comes walking right out of WSSC right onto my property. I took my first shot,and the deer started to run, not wanting to loose a deer cause of a bad shot i proceeded to unload all 5 slugs onto this deer. 4 of which were on it as it ran. Well after i was out of slugs, i decided to go track my deer. There was still snow on the ground, and i could not see any blood. I began to get dissapointed thinking missed another deer. After around 10 minutes of looking for blood i found the deer laying about 35 yards from where i first shot it. 3 of the 5 slugs hit it. 2 were good kill shots and another in the leg. There was no blood anywhere except for maybe 5feetfrom where the deer fell.And thats the story of my first buck.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

finally a nice 8 pnter It took me 6 yearsss!!!!!!!!!!! to get an 8-pnter Good job
Old 01-16-2006, 12:17 PM

Congrats. good show and nice buck!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:39 PM
jf5

Congrats and good job. You have a great spot to hunt.

Need anymore hunting buddies?? J/K!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! That a great buck....I wish I could kill one like that!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 PM

Nice buck! and a great first year too!!

Quick Reply: My first buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.