Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer I let walk this season!

Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer I let walk this season!

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

Nice bucks, they have interesting racks! Do you hunt in Texas? If you do, I hunt around Hamilton county, if you know where that is.
I hunt alot futher southwest, just west of Ozona. It is about 2 1/2 hours south of san angelo. I think it is about 4 hours from where you hunt.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ifly

I let this one walk ...right into a 100 muzzy...only deer I killed this season...and it liked to have killed me draggin it out..had to have bypass surgery the next wk.
I am assuming you are doing well. Congrats on putting some meat in the freezer. I managed tofill the freezer withtwo doe and a spike myself. Thanks for sharing that bow kill.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK OK Chill out....the pics just look like something youd seein a high fenced area, if you say they arent then I beleive you. You have some pretty nice deer. Congrats on the Mt Lion as well. Wack em and stack em. I know i saw one before that id let walk.....walk right into my .308 Federal Premium 165gr.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking like something you would see in a high fenced area and being in a high fenced area are two totally different things. Next time you decide to make an ignorant post get all the facts first.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

JV, you're DA man!Congrat's!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:15 AM

those are some nice deer, my uncle hunts in coleman county and he has a handful of nice young 8 pointers and one huge 6 pointer on his land.

you give those deer another year or two and they would be a deer anyone would put on their wall.

congrats man, you have something to look forward to next year, just hope those neighbors dont go poppin em.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:58 AM

Nice bucks. Though tempting, I'd to let them walk. I see those at our area often and we let them walk. It takes some adjusting at first. Free ranging too.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:21 PM

I don't think i would let them walk because those are some nice deer and this is my first year of hunting. Those are some nice deer wish i lived where you do
Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

round my huntin spots that would have been a lot of dead deer but now that i know that there is alot bigger deer there after the season i would probably let them walk

Old 01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

WOW..Congrats on letting those bucks go...you're a better man than I am!!!...keep us posted next year, some of those bucks are going to look incredible by next year!!!

Quick Reply: Deer I let walk this season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.