Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters >

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

What, is that all you got 38 or so pics? I wanna see the rest of them!I wish I had more pics from my hunts but usually forget to take my camera. I've gotten better the last few years and started to take better field photos. The older I get the harder it is for me to remember some of those hunts. Nice photos you've got there and nice way to prove a point. Here's one of mine I think turned out pretty good. Tried to clean up the blood and such.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

There always seems to be a new topic which just gets some of us fellow hunters worked up!! I personally enjoy reading the replies. This is better than the daytime soaps my wife watches.Here is my view.
I would be considered a modest hunter. I have all my trophy's on my wall to look at everyday. Never really thought much about posting pictures. I have tried to load a nice picture of a spike elk from 2005, but that's another story. I joined this forum to learn from other hunters or help others if I can. It's great to read the topics which have a story behind the pictures. Some hunters just have morepictures and storiesthan others. Bottom line is we are all this this site to share and learn. Peace to all.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post double lung. I think the thing that got people a litle riled up was someone on here claiming if you don't show the pictures its because your not a good hunter and didn't shoot anything,I think Windwalker7 blew that theory away!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

Good post double lung. I think the thing that got people a litle riled up was someone on here claiming if you don't show the pictures its because your not a good hunter and didn't shoot anything,I think Windwalker7 blew that theory away!
Bi ...as usual YOU read ONLY what you want ... see guys like you is where this crap gets started ...if your going to quote me at least quote what I said .... " I said that I have found on here IN GENERAL that the ones not posting pictures or stories are the ones notkilling anything (which for the most part makes sence because this forum isfor sharing)..I went on to say NOT EVERYONE BUT IN GENERAL" ..and NOWHERE did I say if they were not posting stories or pictures they were not "good hunters" ...please Bi show me where I said that .... see blowing post out of context like you just did is what helps start crap ...as I am sure you knew when you did it

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Doc, Keep posting your pics . . .I for one have been enjoying them. Your having a good yr/yrs, enjoy them. Been there myself, enjoy them while you can. Having a bum yr myself, but thems the breaks, killed a few does, let a few small bucks walk.
Men have boasted of their hunts since Esau, and I don't see where your overbearing with it at all. Jealousy rages . . .hope all your hunts are blessed.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leaf thank you my friend ...where some on here take it as "bragging" or "boasting" I looked at it as sharing and having some fun ... but like I said earlier these guys who do not like me or my post just do not have to read them ..all they have to do is just pass them by ...its still a free country ..but some just cant and want to start crap!

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

[/blockquote]

Bi ...as usual YOU read ONLY what you want ... see guys like you is where this crap gets started ...if your going to quote me at least quote what I said .... " I said that I have found on here IN GENERAL that the ones not posting pictures or stories are the ones notkilling anything (which for the most part makes sence because this forum isfor sharing)..I went on to say NOT EVERYONE BUT IN GENERAL" ..and NOWHERE did I say if they were not posting stories or pictures they were not "good hunters" ...please Bi show me where I said that .... see blowing post out of context like you just did is what helps start crap ...as I am sure you knew when you did it

dd

DD, first of all I didn't mention you in my post at all... secondly CALM DOWN, there is no need for you to be constantly defensive (or constantly yelling, there is no need to bold face everything you say.).... I was explaining why some people got riled up and why windwalker posted all his pics... Am I wrong DD? Did Windwalker post those pics because of a comment you made or not?

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I don't really have a problem with the bragging. Its just that I don't understand the need to tell everyone about every deer. I'm 41. I've killed 114 deer in my lifetime. I hunted West Virginia for several years and hunt in my home state of Pa.I've also guided my 16 year old daughter to 12 and my stepson to about 8 or 9. I've help several people get their first deer.I've also been their beside my dad to help him get several deer, including 5 with a bow.I actually got a little burnt out on deer hunting, butI've never felt a need to brag about every one I got or guided someone to.Maybe one day the Good Doctor will get burnt out too and not feel the need to show off every deer.
[/blockquote]

Ok OK THATS IT .... this is the LAST time I will post a picture ...GOD at ALL the whinners ..... some of you guys just KILL ME ...brag BRAG???? When you have pictures it aint bragging its FACT ...just curious why YOU gave ALL your stats ..you bragging?

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

see guys like you is where this crap gets started

Right DD........ again it has NOTHING to do with you eh??

Your comment about people not having success because they aren't posting their pictures was absurd IMO. "Put up or shut up" I believe were your words. Just some more IN YOUR FACE.... LOOK AT ME crap! Yes you did say "in general". So far you've called out 2 people (myself and windwalker) and we pretty much disregarded your theory. You're 2 for 2 (100%) wanna keep trying or is it possible you're wrong?[:-]

Newflash~ not everyone feels the need to post every picture of every deer they kill. Believe it or not there are some "humble" hunters out there as the original thread title indicates.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

see guys like you is where this crap gets started

Right DD........ again it has NOTHING to do with you eh??

Your comment about people not having success because they aren't posting their pictures was absurd IMO. "Put up or shut up" I believe were your words. Just some more IN YOUR FACE.... LOOK AT ME crap! Yes you did say "in general". So far you've called out 2 people (myself and windwalker) and we pretty much disregarded your theory. You're 2 for 2 (100%) wanna keep trying or is it possible you're wrong?[:-]

Newflash~ not everyone feels the need to post every picture of every deer they kill. Believe it or not there are some "humble" hunters out there as the original thread title indicates.
NY as usual your right and I am wrong your blameless as always... I mean you would never start any crap your WAYto damn "ethical" so far ABOVE doing something like THAT...and its obvious you got your mannors from the same place you learned your "ethics" .. when I made the thread "sick SICK SICK" and explained we put a small deer down after dark by using a flash light had you wanted to voice your disaproval by just saying you would not have done it that way it would have been fine ...but noooooooYOU had to start calling it "poaching" and ME a "Poacher"...there was no call for that except you wanted to start crap ..like you ALWAYS do ... and I aint taking that crap off you or nobody else ... I asked you over a month ago just to JUSTavoid my post but you STILL want to start crap..your one of the ones who make this like Romper Room ..if you disapprove of some of my stories ..some of my pics ...just avoid looking at them SIMPLEor post your dissaproval but no need to point fingers and call names...but YOU cant do itcause your FULL of crap .. just my opinion of course

dd
Old 01-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY as usual you right and I am wrong
DUH!

and its obvious you got your mannors from the same place yoe learned your "ethics" ..
ohhhhhhhhh the irony. DD questioning my ethics? ROTFLMAO!!

when I made the thread "sick SICK SICK" and explained we put a small deer down after dark by using a flash light had you wanted to voice your disproval by just saying you would not have done it that way it would have been fine ...but noooooooYOU had to start calling it "poaching" abd ME a "Poacher"...
Main Entry: 1poach·er
Pronunciation: 'pO-ch&r
Function: noun
Etymology: 2poach
1 : one that trespasses or steals
2 : one who kills or takes wild animals (as game or fish) illegally

** sorry if the truth hurts there "good" doctor. Of course Websters is probably wrong too! God forbid you are.
I asked you over a month ago just to avoid my post
I'll read and reply to whatever the hell I want on a public forum. Who are you? You seem to have asked 90% of this forum to avoid your posts. Maybe you should just stop posting or start your own message board like your wonderful website.

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.