Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters >

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-14-2006, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Well, you see, I was going to post a pic of one of the smaller bucks I've killed, but taking a picture was difficult. By the time I got the rack in the pic you couldn't see the deer anymore. lol Maybe I somehow "cheated" because I hunt by a feeder...lol

Doctor Death, I dunno about everyone else, but I find some humor in all your posts, even that poll on whether you should stop the season. I always look at them, partly because I'm jealous you have no limit and an incredibly long season...haha
Old 01-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you StillHunt ... but some on here just are WAYto UPTIGHT andserious about this hunting stuff and have 0 sence of humor ... I just like to have fun and learn on here ... or teach ..whatever the case might be ..

dd
Old 01-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

dd back in the 60's and 70's i dog hunted in fl and on the average i shot 10 to 15 every year now i know someone will say that is to many deer but none of the meat ever went to waste the most i have killed in one year was 18 so i guess i am on someones list for admitting this

How many dogs did you lose on US19?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

beleive it or not only one and someone ran off the road to hit it tracks all the way in the ditch to hitthe dog the only other one we just about lost was stolen and my uncle caught him. with my uncle being from williston fl and retired navy 30yrs it was not a pretty sight but at least we did not go to jail
Old 01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

reb areas we hunted was st johns, flagler county ,ocala forest ,gulf hammock, dixie county, levy county
Old 01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never have hunted deer with dogs ..but it sounds fun !

dd
Old 01-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

beleive it or not only one and someone ran off the road to hit it tracks all the way in the ditch to hitthe dog the only other one we just about lost was stolen and my uncle caught him. with my uncle being from williston fl and retired navy 30yrs it was not a pretty sight but at least we did not go to jail

Man, you go from Cross City to Perry on US19 andyou see a dead dog every mile.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

i know i have seen them in the past we used to hunt near horseshoe and never had much problems with dogs on the road
Old 01-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

dd if you ever get the chance go it is a lot of fun but watch behind the dogs i have always killed a buck after the dogs go by they will let the dogs run a doe and the buck will slip out the back after everyone goes byi guess its the age and decet beating the young and dumb
Old 01-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Dominant Buck

dd if you ever get the chance go it is a lot of fun but watch behind the dogs i have always killed a buck after the dogs go by they will let the dogs run a doe and the buck will slip out the back after everyone goes byi guess its the age and decet beating the young and dumb
NC, my buddies would take off in thier vehicles to get way ahead of the dogs and I would stay behind and wait on the bucks. The last time I did that was in Madison county and shot a 5pt buck!I have'nt hunted deer with dogs since 1999.

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.