Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
84.44%
No
15.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt for antler sheds?

Old 01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do you hunt for antler sheds?

Old 01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you hunt for antler sheds?

Yeah but i never find any even thought there were two bucks that would have shedd some antlers
Old 01-05-2006, 06:56 PM

I look for them just not very hard. If the snow isn't too deep in the winter or if I get time in the spring I will take a few walks but I don't spend hours and hours searching. Ussually don't find anything anyways.

[/align]
Old 01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea, only found a few paris, but boy it is almost like seeing and even shooting him, but not quiet!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Sure, we like looking for sheds. Trophy sheds are spikes. Do you know how hard it is to find a spike. It would be easy to find a big old shed with five or six points, you could trip over it. We have tripped over a couple 8 point sheds but you don't have to worry about those spikes taking you to the ground!!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

yup, i have only found 3 the last couple years 2 of wich i found last year the same day. not a pair
Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 PM

I looked at a mulie but couldnt find his sheds I was mad he was a 30" spread!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anything to be in the woods and a great time to scout for the next season! Good luck!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:29 PM

Never purposely went out looking for sheds, but when I hike with my 7 year old son down the road in the woods, I tend to allocate a bit more attention to the forrest floor in hopes of locating a shed. Never found one. But, there is a first for everything.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Anything to be in the woods and a great time to scout for the next season! Good luck!
Amen to that !! We spendsa lot of time looking for shedsand scouting. Nice to see what bucks made it through the year. Get the kids involved as it is a great time to educate them on deer and nature for that matter. Plus dad needs his exercise to burn some winter fat off with all the tromping!! We found a few last year...

Tyler has been addicted to it since he was 6. I found a set while working. Iwent home and got him so he could find them. You would have thought he found the treasure of alltreasures. We got serious about it when he turned 9.We put on 5- 6miles a day on weekends. I only had to give him a piggie backride back to the truck once. We did pretty good that year...

Now we put on up to 15 miles a day and that is far enough for dear old dad. At 14... I don't think he is quite strong enough to give dad a piggie back ride to the pickup.The wife did get me a deer sled for xmas this year. That might come in handy should Irun out of steam miles from the truck!!

Tim

Quick Reply: Do you hunt for antler sheds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.