Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Crap..

Old 01-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crap..

ok this might seem like a weird thread...and it will be but im curious
ok well the other day i was squirrel hunting and i was noticing alot of deer crap everywhere
i mean there is ALOT of it back there, i mean i no there is suppost to be but at the beggining of the season there was none, i mean i couldnt find any sign in there to hunt off of but now there is sooooooo much i dunno where to hunt
i mean can deer like "stay away" from an area over deer season and come back or can deer just migrate to my land ?
im just soooooo confused cuz when i was squirrel hunting i seen more deer then i did in season and have found more scrapes, rubs, and CRAP
im just so lost, i dont know what to think
i would REALLY REALLY appriciate it if some1 could tell me what the heck happened ?????????
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Crap..

I would hunt where the crap, rubs and scrapes. Maybe you overlooked all the deer crap before season and maybe the leaves covered most of it up. Hows the hunting pressure in your area. Maybe they found a safe haven where no one hunts it.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking a wild guess here! It could be that there are red oaks in this area where the crap is. I've noticed, that the deer where I hunt, usually don't go after the red oak acorns until after other food sorces ( white oaks, corn, apples, etc. ) are exhausted.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well after 30 years of deer hunting and being the hunter that I am I have learned two things ... when you find deer tracks and deer crap it means that deer where there ...thats WHERE I would hunt ..yessiree buddy !

dd
Old 01-02-2006, 07:16 PM

Most of the time "in TN anyway" you will find "the Poo! LOL" alot more frequent.... When winter " what little we have" hits the acorns, appricots and persimmons all fall and there is more to eat near the deer stand. Hence more of the Poo!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

well there is ok pressure but maybe 2 people on about 80 acres so they can stay in a spot a long time without pressure
that is a good point but i dont no what red oaks look like [&:]
o well but no i mean there is still leaves and stuff there is just poo everywhere lol
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM

I have two areas that I hunt in. The one the deer are there early in the season, like before the freeze, cold, snow ect, and also pre rut to rut. But late season its like the area shuts off. Then my other spot that is ten miles away is one of those areas that the activity is kinda slow in early season, but then when the snow flies and the ground freezes that spot is one where the deer "herd" up. not sure why this spot is good late season cause I don't think their is alot of oaks or other trees that produce food. The only thing that the area has Is a real nice clean creek, but its not like its the only one in the area.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

well this area has a dried up stream running somewhat in the middle of the property ...so i dunno im just so dumbfounded about it
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath
Well after 30 years of deer hunting and being the hunter that I am I have learned two things ... when you find deer tracks and deer crap it means that deer where there ...thats WHERE I would hunt ..yessiree buddy !
dd
Yeah! And in my experience, its EVEN better to find them standing IN the tracks, taking a CRAP!
Seriously, he may have overlooked a good bedding area, or the deer may have changed patterns due to pressure, or food sources!
Old 01-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd
Man! this is why I get on here every day. This deer hunting is all coming together now. Thanks DD.

Of course, if the tracks and crap weren't there before, then maybe they had not gotten there yet.

C. Davis

Quick Reply: Crap..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.