Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cheers, and Chillllll!

Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cheers, and Chillllll!

Its been a busy season! My deer season is over, and wasNOT the greatest I've ever had, to say the least!
For many, the hunting season is not over yet! To ALL of those, I say, GOOD LUCK!

From what I've seen here, it's been a busy season for THE deer board too!
I've seen many a heated debate on this board this year! Many of which are good debates! Some that were NOT!
As this season, and this year, come to a close, I'd like to wish you all the "CHEERS," of a happy, and prosperous New Years!

As for the "CHILL," I refer back to the many, NOT SO FRIENDLY, debates that we've had this year!
I'd like to remind us all that, "WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!"
Debating the issues of hunting IS a good thing, even healthy for our sport!
BUT, please remember this, "EVEN THOUGH IT MAY NOT MEET THE STANDARDS OF OUR PERSONAL ETHICS, IF IT IS LEGAL, WE NEED TO AT LEAST BE TOLERANT OF IT!
The old argument of " its giving fuel to the Anti's," DOESN"T even hold water!!!!
Remember, the Anti's, DO NOT rely on sound "LOGIC," to begin with!
They DON'T CARE,..... if its right or wrong, legal, or ethical!
All they want, is to grab our guns, and end ALL HUNTING! No matter if we hunt with bow, or gun, or what particular "style" of hunting that we do, WE ALL HAVE A STAKE IN OUR FUTURE!
So, IF we spend a fraction of the energy, fighting THEREAL ENEMY, that we've spent fighting EACH OTHER, our guns, and hunting heritage will FOREVER be safe!
Again,Happy New Years, and CHEERS!

Old 12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cheers, and Chillllll!

The silence is deafening! Must have struck some nerves!
Seriously folks, This IS the best hunting web site, bar none!
We do need to lighten up some though! This is a place to share, and learn more about hunting! Aplace to brag a little, and even debate issues!
But when we have one, or two threads that are light-hearted, and a dozen that question legal hunters ethics, and degenerate into name-calling, we get out of balance, and loose focus of what we are all about!

While "legal," and "ethical," are not always 100% the same things, there are times when "common sence," should prevail!
"Poaching," is a very strong term! Just because somone does things differently than we do, does NOT make them a "poacher!" In fact, many things that are illegal in one state, may be perfectly legal, and accepted in another state!
So again I say, "if it is legal, I WILL support it, or at least be quiet, and respectful of other hunters rights!"
Does anyone here seriously think for one minute, that the Anti's care aboutHOW hunting is outlawed?
Do you think that if one "style" of hunting is banned, that they won't try to ban other hunting styles too?
Do you think that if handguns are banned, that they will leave rifles, and shotguns alone?
Does anybody think that if guns are outlawed, bowhunting will be left legal?
Get real! Spend a little more effort, fighting the Anti's, andnot cutting our own throats!
Remember, reserve the word "poacher," for real outlaws! Not for Sportsmen/women who are trying to do the right things!
Again, Happy New Years, and Happy Hunting!
Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Happy Hunting and a safe and Happy New Year to you as well.

No matter what you say or do, their are going to be debates and people will argue with each other.I have just learned to live with it and I myself am guilty of it too. Even tho we argue with each other I'm sure most people here know that we are on the same team. It does make for some good entertainment once in a while tho. Check out DD's I'm sick post. I'm almost half tempted to crack a beer and start rerading that from the start again. It's almost as entertaining as my favorite sitcoms. DD takes round 1, and its NY winning rounds 2 and 3...and the battle continues.

You do make some good points tho.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes----Happy New Year to all!!!! I've been a relative newcomer to this hunting forum and net, but I feel I have been treated well by other members here. A person has to realize that their viewpoints on things aren't always going to be the same as others. We are all here for discussion and questions/answers. Kidding around should, I feel, be expected and tolerated. Namecalling and "profiling" has no place here or anywhere else.
The wealth of information shared by the members here is enormous!! Have a question or comment? Usually won't take long for an answer. What you do with that info is your business, but at least you now know more about the subject than you did before. You may not agree with all the replies you receive, and that probably should be. It is up to the individual to sort out what they want or wish to try.
O.K., enough of the ramblings------once again Happy New Year to all, and thank you to all who have taken THEIR time to help me with MY problems.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post! For me it is all about keeping an open mind and having humility.I have realized that it is possible to be sincere and be wrong.I continue to enjoy my participation on this site.I wish everyone a very Healthy and Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

So again I say, "if it is legal, I WILL support it,
I agree and so will I.

Happy New Years
Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 PM

The clock just turned 2006 here so Im a few hours ahead of you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BOYS AND GIRLS!!! Health, new friends,money, plenty of hunting and many good stories to you all!