Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

archery only

Old 01-10-2002, 08:06 PM
D&D
Spike

Default archery only

Does anybody hunt in areas where it is archery hunting only and if so do you feel that you see more deer? I just recently located an area that is archery only and am hoping that I will find more and better quality deer. Haven't scouted it yet but plan on doing that in two weeks.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:56 PM

Default RE: archery only

One area that I hunt is in a township so it is bowhunting only. In the past eight years I have taken two does and a buck off that land. But I have also taken a few deer from the other land I hunt which is bow and gun permitted. I really do not see any difference between the lands as far as deer numbers or quality of deer.Good luck to ya.
Hunt Hard And Hunt Safe!
Old 01-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: archery only

I hunt both and i think that i do see more deer on the archery only land, but than can also be because this land has better food sources in closer proxsimity to thier water and bedding areas than the gun+archery land. In regards to the quality of the deer i think that would rely on the food sources and cover and the hunting pressure on the lands. I do see better quality deer on this archery only land also because there is a minimum of 4 points on either side for bucks so more spikes and button bucks are being given the chance to grow larger.