Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Christmas Money (please read ) >

Christmas Money (please read )

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Christmas Money (please read )

Old 12-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Christmas Money (please read )

ok first of all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
i hope everyone is enjoying it
i got some money for christmas and im asking you guys what is the best trail cam????
well i am kinda picky so i need atleast 3 of the 4
1.under $150
2.clear pictures
3.FAST trigger speed
4.digital (dont really matter if the other 3 are good )
well i would apriciate it if u would answer
plus if u could tell me a spot to buy it it would be great
have a good christmas
Old 12-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Christmas Money (please read )

Sort of like optics, you just about get what you pay for. We bought a bunch of those cheap Stealth and Moultrie cameras and they aren't that great. You get a few good pictures and a bunch of bad ones.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

The pictures I have seen here on the forum taken with the LeafRiver Trail Cam, have made me think of buying one!
Old 12-25-2005, 10:56 AM

My friend has one on the cheap moultrie's and he got it at walmart for 100 bucks, im just not sure that when its sold a walmart it has the moultrie name on it. Anyways like timbercruiser said he too gets about half blank/bad pics but the other half a always real nice and clear. The bad halfI would say is about 90% empty so maybe the wind or bird trips it and then 10% is butt shots of deer from it being to slow. But I am in your situation to and cannot spend alot of money on a cam and I don't care if i have alot of blank pics cause that is what the delete key is for. So when I get the money I plan on buying a Moultrie's.

Old 12-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes i baught the walmart moultree trail cam
but i took it back because it had bad quality and it ate batteries like CANDY !!! i am looking for something better please
Old 12-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Leaf River

The Leaf River Trail Scan Model C-1 in Mossy Oak Break-Up game camera provides excellent quality, compact size, and many features at an affordable price. The Canon Brand camera with Power Flash provides high quality 35mm pictures with day and time printing on the picture.

Features: easy to set up and operate, Canon Sure Shot Owl PF 35mm automatic camera, power flash for longer-range night pictures, Canon 35mm f 1:3.8 glass lens for high quality pictures, data imprinted on the picture: day and time, date or no print, choose ON, OFF or automatic flash for low light, automatic film loading, automatic film advance with mid-roll rewind possible, camera can be removed for independent use, choice of day, night or 24 hour operation, adjustable delay of 1, 5 or 10 minutes, long range passive infrared motion detection, adjustable sensitivity of motion detection sensor, walk test light for set up (lights only while in test mode), event counter records up to 300 events, external ON-OFF-TEST switch, battery strength indicator, compact size of 6 ½ x 5 ½ x 4 ¾ inches, gasket sealed housing, includes strap for attaching to tree or post.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think the good digitals are priced that low. If they were I would have 2 and toss my 2 35mm Stealth cameras. I tried one for $88, but the flash range was only 15 feet. The deer on my lease are very nocturnal, so all I got were pix of eyes. The camers was setup 2 feet from a mineral licks, but it would trigger before they got very close.

If you find one for under $200, I'd be interested.

I may just bite the bullet and buy the Moultrie night vision camera. It uses IR flash that is not visible. It will not spook the deer al all, no sound , no (visible) flash. It's about $275.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

I would go digital, upgrade the memory card, and Gander Mountain had some good prices before Christmas..........
Old 12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Save your money & get a Cuddeback. I have 2 Leaf Rivers. Their triggers are slow. If you want an IR cam get a Recon Talon. I have 2 of them. There is a website www.chasingame.com I think that can answer any of your questions.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am shooting for a cuddeback but i am looking for an aulterniative
plus i cant find trails so i dont really know where to put it so its basically useless
so i dunno if i am going to get 1

Quick Reply: Christmas Money (please read )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.