Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer calls

Old 01-10-2002, 07:55 PM
D&D
Spike

Default Deer calls

I am wondering what all of you has found to be the best call device during the rut. I have used a rattle bag, sheds, grunt calls, and doe bleeps. Just wondering what everybody else has found to be the best???
Old 01-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer calls

They all have their time and place. If I spook a deer I usually get out a call right away and do some calling and stand still. Often they will stop and even come back to have a look.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:51 AM

well ive heard really good things about the grunt snort and wheeze call..I know u guys dont like bill jordan but i just got through reading his last hunt and he called in a ruttin buck with that call....course he was prolly on a fenced in area. i use a hs specialties true talker works for me
Old 01-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Spike

Can't say this always works, but I took my first 8 point this past season using an HS Tru-Talker grunt tube and it was authentic enough to pull him away from a doe he was chasing. First call he stopped and looked and went back to chasing the doe in some low pines, next call he popped out of the pines and started moving towards me to locate the intruder. The Tru-Talker has a very gutteral type sound that mimics a mature buck.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:20 PM

grunt call works all the time.