Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

small deer

Old 12-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: small deer

If it is legal and he is happy, then so am I.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thats key the word.......legal. If its legal, who are we to judge. If you need/want the meat.......
Old 12-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I myself may not have shot the deer, but if someone else has a tag and wants it, It doesn't bother me to see someone shoot one. Like said above, If its a legal kill, congrats to him.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, as long as it is a legal kill, then there is nothing wrong with it. We as hunters need to support each other in what we do, not become divided over one person's decision to shoot a particular deer that another person wouldn't. To each his own, as long as it is legal.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Legal is legal! I have no problem shooting a legal deer as long as it doesn't have spots!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

A 57lb deer(live weight)in my area would be a fawn.While it is legal to shoot fawns,my own personal rule is that I will not in any way be involved with cleaning,carrying or hauling fawns.My truck isour primary hunting vehicle,andmy friends are well aware that if they shoot a fawn,they will have to go and get their truck to haul it home.So far none of us has shot a fawn.It is very easy for us to fill our tags with mature deer,so we don't bother wasting tags on fawns.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Legal is legal! I have no problem shooting a legal deer as long as it doesn't have spots!

HEY i NEVER said it was an illegal kill but basically this deer just lost its spots now that is the sad part
Old 12-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

A deer is a deer some people can't tell what it is if its alone or far away.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

A deer is a deer. I would have passed it. But. I pass many many bucks in a season. I have my own standards and have been brow beat for trophy hunting too. It's his tag and its his choice.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:50 AM

Sounds small until I talked to a guy who shot a 18 lb deer this past season. He said it did not have spots but looked real skinny. He said he felt sorry for it and wanted to put it out of its misery. No way it would have made the winter. I told him he should have had it tested. He ended up tossing it because it just didn't look right.

Quick Reply: small deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.