Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cheaters!

Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Cheaters!

No, not the TV show. I am talking about a 'friend' of mine. I saw him the other day and were talking hunting. Well, I show him my buck pics and he said that he had heard about it. He was jokingly saying that I killed it from the road and that it was illegal. I said "no" and thought nothing else about it. Wrong!

I see him the next day and he brings it up it again. I told him that this deer was shot in the woods and nothing was illegal about him. He says, "Your'e just jealous b/c mine is bigger." He was referring to a buck he shot last year while roadhunting. This was next to the Bluerdridge Parkway at that. No deer hunting is allowed there, its a parkway.[&:] I say, "Your'e jealous b/c I got my buck in the woods and yours was from a truck."

Why am I friends with this guy?? I know no one else that has said anything remotely related to that. I don't like the "mine is better than yours" bullchit and a roadhunter telling me at that. I bet he is real proud of his road buck. Why would you brag about something as lazy as that?

Do you guys have any "friends" like this?

Old 12-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Cheaters!

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

No, not the TV show. I am talking about a 'friend' of mine.

Do you guys have any "friends" like this?

And you still call him your Friend?[:-][:@]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL:
And you still call him your Friend?[:-][:@]
Thats what I'm thinking! Some friend!
My best friend and I, have been hunting the same leases together for well over 20 years now! We scout, build stands together, and when we are there at the same hunting times, its like, "where are you going to hunt today?" We've killed big deer off of each others stands, and there has never been any jelousy! I guess I'm just lucky to have a friend thats closer than a brother!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

My partner and I dog hunted hogs for 45yrs and never had an argument or a disagreement what so ever! We don't hunt hogs together any more cause I went to deer hunting in 2000.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

If I were you he would be a "former" friend.[:'(]
Old 12-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That guy sounds like a jerk. He sure doesn't sound like a friend!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Thats why I said "friend." We are more aquantinces(sp) than friends. We have never hunted together or hung out.
This guy doesn't know how to really kill a buck and then brags about shooting one from the road.[:-] It was just surprising to me that he would say something disrespectful. Now I know.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:48 PM

Don't worry Duc he will get his in the end. He chose the easy way and they will catch him the next time he does it. We all know you got yours legaly and you have your pops to prove it. Great hunt and a Great Buck!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 PM

I know the same feeling. My so called "friend" thinks he's right, and only right. He caught a 16 inch largemouth bass, and said it was 7lbs, if ain't 9lbs. I told him "Lets take it to the scale" we did, it weighed 1lb and a couple ounces. He said I needed a new scale, which mine was a 20 dollar digital scale. He said he's right and will be right and always will be right. Then he told everyone that he caught a 9lb bass. I caught a 25 inch monster, then he said it only weighed 4 pounds. If I marked all the annoying stuff, I would take up the bandwithd of this forum. In the hunting section...he shoots this small bb. I could pick it up myself, but he claims it was over 100lbs. He goes around telling all these lies about everything. I own 3 ponds, he has a part of a stream. He caught this 1 catfish about 18 inches. I hardly catch them that big in my ponds(I do catch them 10lbs in the river). He was bragging on how big it was, how big of a fight it was, and everything under the sun. I said "One time I caught this catfish that was 6lbs from my ponds". He said "You're just jealous that I'm a better fishermen then u" and he kept on yelling his brains out at me. I just turned around, and walked away. He thinks I'm his best bud...I hate his guts...*sigh*
Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 AM

Every dog has his day.

OFTK

Quick Reply: Cheaters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.