Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another question on ethics

Old 12-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Another question on ethics

The guy may be a jack-azz but he is keeping it legal. I wouldnt like it or him, and if he put a stand up too close to me I'd trash it.........but thats it.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I am a land owner of 2 parcells of land. 200acres and 170acres. This land is used for hunting and hunting only. I did allow hunting access with permision and would always in most cases allow the tracking of a wounded animal. In fact I am more then happy to assist in tracking. However with the events that took place on one of the parcells this past hunting season I have decide not to allow any hunters other then very close friends and family to hunt. To makea long story short my younger brother was home from college for WI rifle season. I had put him in a area where he would see deer. Not 5mins after he sat down for the afternoon hunt 6 guys came walking through. My brother approached them and asked them if they had permission to hunt knowing that i have granted permission to folks to hunt in the past. One of them had the nerve to lie and say that he was my brother. These guys didn't know it but they were talking to my only brother. My brother did the right thing and just let them be and walked back to his vehicle and called me. The thought of the six hunters killed the year before ran through his mind he told me later. But because of this experience I will no longer allow people to hunt that property, that way there is no question who should be there. I do understand that this is an isolated incident but it brought me so much anger that I even thought about closing the snowmobile trail that goes through my property. What scares me even more is that I have a youth hunt out there during T-zone. This allows 7 kids who might not have a dad or someone to take them hunting acsess to hunt with an adult and a shot at their first deer. Do I need to be concern for there safety because of a few degenerates? I also found out through the grapevine that this was not the first time they had been on my land. The reason I tell you this is because there might be a reason for land owners not allowing acsess to their land. I would hate to be the guy that there is a forum about next year without people understanding my point of view. Understand that I don't know all the details of your issue and the guy may just be a jerk. As far as anyone putting stands to close to another I was always very stricked as to where stands could be place due to the fact that there were others hunting including myself out there. Most people who are given permission to hunt on land are very thankful for that and have no problem with hunting etiquete
Old 12-21-2005, 09:05 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Just my opinion, but I think that it is pretty selfish to post one's own land, but then consistently go elsewhere, even with permission, and take game.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Just because I got a friend who lets me hunt his land, I am a jackazz cause I do't want others on my land. Thats silly. The guy has permission. Maybe they have an arrangement you don't know about. Maybe he helps the pull in his crops. Bottom line, is its none of your business.

Again One needs to keep is eye on the ball and worry about how he is treating other.

this got me thinking, with some on here's way of thinking, I should feel bitter when I see someone go by me with a cadilac or mercedes cause they got lots of money and I am here driving a 19 year old truck with 400K miles it. And with that way of thinkng, they are jerks cause they dont' spread it around.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

First of all, it is MY business when my disabled father gets crowded out of his hunting spot by some idiot who has plenty oftheir own land. You will be in for a major attitude adjustment if it ever happens to you or someone in your family. Second, it will be OUR business when the anti-hunting crowd takes control because there are fewer and fewer hunters to oppose them because of situations like this that discourage new hunters. Its not an issue of jealousy, its an issue of good sportsmanship.

As for the other poster, I think that your youth hunting program is great. Well-controlled access like that is key. I think that the tresspassers that you described could be dealt with quickly and then word would get out not to mess with you.

The simple fact is that the "outlaws" are going tobe a nuisancewhether the land is posted or not. I see that happening in Louisiana even where people post their land and hire "deputies" to patrol it. That is a much different issue than allowing some folks to hunt your land.In fact, having a few regulars around often means having extra sets of eyes to look out for things.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:53 AM
bigcountry

You can spin that anyway you want. Bottom line is there is sour grapes and jealousy.Go to the bank,and get a loan and buy yourown land.

My neighbor behind me has 10 farms he hunts. I have 5 acres behind my house that both me and him hunt. He's pretty nice about it and we are good friends and basically anytime I want to hunt the 5 acres, he lets me have priority. But bottom line is we are good friends, and there is nothing that says we should share the wealth of anything. If we wasn't good friends, there would apsolutely be nothing wrong with him hunting all the farms. He has arrangements I don't know about. And frankly is none of my business. If I want access to other farms, I need to fork out the cash or time help them harvest.

Nope, you got it wrong or are in the wrong country.There is nothing here that says you got to feel sorry for a guy cause he don't have land to hunt. The deal between that land owner and him are just that. Yes it affects you, but your business is between the land you hunt and him.

I am crowded out more than you will ever know. All I have to hunt is federal land, state land, and5 acres behind myhouse that is a funnel. Its a pretty pitiful situation. But I can't have sour grapes cause I know people with 10 farms to hunt. When I first moved there, sure I was jealous.I can't blame anyone but myself that I don't own a huge parcel of land. I made choices, had divorces and I am ultimately responsible for my choices.

I wouldn't worry about a decline in hunting. Its pretty well be climbing for 10 years.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:01 AM
bigcountry

I got another question. Is everyone jerks and jackazz's cause they don't send you and your disabled father money because some got plenty of it. Just wondering.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just to show how far off base you are, I do own my own land. So your jealousy argument doesn't cut it. Also, I put my money where my mouth is by allowing others to hunt on it. In fact, I just invited a member of this board to bow hunt it.

Also, you are the one trying to spin things. I am not saying that someone whoowns landis a jerk just because theyhuntoff their property. I am saying that it is unsportsmanlikeif you own hundreds of acres of land, do not let anyone set foot on it or track wounded deer on to it, but are always out hunting elsewhere.

As for the state of hunting, you really have your head in thesand if you think that everything is fine and there are no future threats that need to be discussed. Take a look at a lot of the posts on this topic.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

P.s., your snide comment about my Father is a good indication of who the jackass is around here...
Old 12-21-2005, 10:25 AM
bigcountry

So because you do something, everyone else should do like you?? Everyone else should open up thier land cause this guy on the internet called Lanse does???

Noone said thier wasn't future threats. What are you talking about? These post on here are just that. Posts.

If you got land of your own, why would your father care? How would he be squeezed out?

Obviously, this guy has crowded you or your father? Thats what you said anyway. Even though you have land, you feel crowded or your father. So I guess what I am getting out is yea, the jealousytheory does hold water. In another post, you were saying your father is mumbling about putting sugar in gas tanks cause of the crowd.

Why not let you father hunt. And he be happy he has a place to hunt. Instead of needing a bunch of places?

I mean I get it done on 5 acres and state land. Surely if your this land baron you speak of, he can get it done on your land and not go out and put sugar in gas tanks.

I don't know, I travel for a living, and pretty well go and been everywhere in the world.So I get toactually see for myself the situations ofhunting.So some places, hunting is on the rise and thriving. Some on the decline. But you have to actually leave the county to get an opinion.

Again,itsAmerica, go to the bank and borrow some money and buy a parcel for your father so he doens't havefeel crowded. You got that right.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:30 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

P.s., your snide comment about my Father is a good indication of who the jackass is around here...
Not at all, your lucky to have a father. Mine died in Vietnam.

I didn't put down your father, and pray he is doing fine with his disability and glad he is able to hunt. I don't like the fact he is mumbling ruining someones engine with sugar cause he is crowded. You asked an opinion, but now you don't like it cause its a tad different from how you wanted it to go.

You have made it abundantly clear that you feel those with more should spread the wealth. And not be selfish. So I feel it was a valid question.I mean Hillary clinton will agree with you on that.

I knowI don't. But that doens't make me a jack whatever or you. You have the right to an opinion that differs from mine. Dosesn't mean anyones a jerk or anything.

Quick Reply: Another question on ethics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.