Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Unusual animals seen while deer hunting >

Unusual animals seen while deer hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Unusual animals seen while deer hunting

Old 12-19-2005, 12:25 PM

Default RE: Unusual animals seen while deer hunting

my buddy was huntin one day and out of some brush came a cow! he radioed his dad and his first question was: "can I shoot it?"
Old 12-19-2005, 06:10 PM

Default I know what this is!!!!!

We have these in NC. I haven't seen one but we hear them all the time. They make a wizzing sound.

It's called a three-legged-tallywacker!

I hear they make a nice mount.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing unusal - turkey, bear, eagles, foxes, hawks, ticks.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:02 AM

Saw an albino deer once when not hunting but in that area they are a bit of an attraction and they tend to be spared.

Heard of a moose hunter in north of Sweden who one morning saw a Zebra. He just did not admit it to anyone before he found out that there had been a derailing of a train transporting a circus nearby. Sound to good to be true but nevertheless...
Old 12-23-2005, 10:47 AM

I saw a couple of the usual animals but in unlikely places. While cougar hunting in the Olympic Mountains of Washington I had a cow elk follow me around. This past season in PA Ihad an otter come right up to my ground blind, funning thing was therewas no water for about a mile in all directions. In alaska, I had an eagle grab a salmon I had on a fly line. When I was younger (15) I kicked a great horned owl out a pine tree and thought it was a grouse. All I can say is thank god I was a bad shot. That would be a difficult one to explain to the game wardens since i haven't seen many grouse with a 3-1/2 foot wing span.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:10 AM

when me and my cousin were hunting deer we seen an albino cow moose with 1 albino calf and one normal calf.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Okay, I read this thread and was LMAO. Then I go out and hunt that afternoon and what do I see? A big fat owl sitting in a tree about 30 yards away eyeballing me hard.

I swear I was having a hell of a time watching for deer and keeping up with that owl to make sure he didn't give my head a rake.

[/align]
Old 12-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Digi

Okay, I read this thread and was LMAO. Then I go out and hunt that afternoon and what do I see? A big fat owl sitting in a tree about 30 yards away eyeballing me hard.

I swear I was having a hell of a time watching for deer and keeping up with that owl to make sure he didn't give my head a rake.

LMAO!

[/align]
Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw either a fisher or a martin this year in NYS catskill mountains.Never before have I seen one.I got a very good look,it was only about 15 yards away and was curious to what I was.I was like what the Heck is that thing!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:49 PM

I saw a rabbit once. It was hopping as fast as it could through the woods. I wish it would have stopped for a couple of minutes. It would have been interesting to watch it.

That is the most unusual thing I have seen while hunting.

Quick Reply: Unusual animals seen while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.