Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Another season comes to a close...post you pics here >

Another season comes to a close...post you pics here

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another season comes to a close...post you pics here

Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 AM

Default RE: 10 year old son

Great job everyone! Lotsa nice pictures
Old 12-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was posted before....but what the heck.

CVA 50cal, 44cal 240grcast bullet in a sabot over100gr Pyro
60 yds with open sights from treestand
5x6
......missed a bigger one 3 days later!

Ron
Old 12-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my best for this year. Lots of critters down. Bear elk and 2 species of deer, but here is my 2005 mulie

Old 12-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

another pic

Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't score on anything worth bragging about this season, but here is a picture of my friend's first buck (which I missed !).

http://tinypic.com/ixh9i9.jpg
Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 PM

we shot these on the 1st day . saw deer all day long. Started out by having a doe run into the truck on the way to Hunting grounds(she lived, no damage, just whacked her head on the nerf bar). Froze my bum off waiting for light , had 2 bucks pass by at light with decent bone , but no shot as their heads, and neck were skylined, and I was hoping for bigger. Shortly after they went by I thought I was busted by 2 does until I saw the coyote come out of the same spot they were at. I had a nice lunch then went back out near where i was in the A.M. . Moseyed on down a dirt road , cut accrossed a field and was lollygagging over toward a draw for a peek and spotted a doe , lollygAgging ceased and I crawled closer for inspection . 1 Doe turned into 6 and 45 minutes later the wind busted me and the 6 does turned into 10 tails. Fifurring the jig was up I lollygagged up closer , 3 more tails , luckily they were all does and my hopes were not dashed. I found a lonely prairie tree and did what came natural, nope not that . I woke up an hour later. saw this big old owl in a tree , up came the binoc's , wow, look atthe size of those big yellow eyes.... wait , thats a deer behind it! just another doe sneaking back in to where they were. cool maybe she'll bring a friend. just then a small buck parts the grass, and i can't bring myself to shoot , its the 1st day! then i hear something behind me ! There he is , i shoot and he does not run, go to jack another shell in the chamber , oops , out comes the magazine, i did not slide them in right and have to push the bullet abck in the mag, i look up , he's still there standing Pow ! I give him #2 , he's down . luckily he did not bolt , as the next round jammed like the last . never happened before and I will be sure to load my magazine more carefull in the future. Mines the 3rd from the left

Old 12-24-2005, 05:46 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Another season comes to a close...post you pics here

2005 Illinois buck, 10 pt. w/ 2 stickers

Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 PM

My Year started out very good. Got this 8-Pointer the opening day of Pa. archery season. Nothing else but still got the late season.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:30 PM

got 4 deer, two nice 8 pointers and two nice does..took the big 8 and a doe with my slug gun and a smaller 8 and a doe with my eclipse muzzleloader..missed a few deer with my bow..dang sights

Old 12-24-2005, 04:59 PM

Here's my best for the year, with my 5 year old son!!!

Quick Reply: Another season comes to a close...post you pics here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.