Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Kimber does the job

Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Spike

Default My Kimber does the job

Got this one last night in my back yard. He was pushing some does and came right into my treestand. The rifle is a Kimber M84 in 22-250.

Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Kimber does the job

Congrats on the deer, but because you were hunting in your backyard and not using the same caliber that I do, you must be "unethical". JUST KIDDING!!!

I would sure like to see pictures.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Congrats on the deer, but because you were hunting in your backyard and not using the same caliber that I do, you must be "unethical". JUST KIDDING!!!

I would sure like to see pictures.

retieverman, that's the way it seems on here anymore!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

GOOD job ..nice healthy looking buck ... as for ethics the only thing I see that might be questionable is that you did not invite the good Doctor over ;&gt))

dd
Old 12-14-2005, 07:01 AM

When I saw the title of the post, I was expecting to see a 1911 in
45 acp
Kimber does make some nice firearms. Nice buck and congrats.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rajmoran, that is a great deer and a fine firearm. I just bought a Blaser for the interchangeable barrels, but Kimber was a close second.

Camocop, my recent thread on "ethics" was my weak attempt at humor. I don't mean to offend, but some of the ethical/unethical debates are quitesilly. I love to see someone post "I would NEVER...". That guy just has not been in thesituation.I am old enough and hunt enough to never say never.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

He's a nice one - congrats.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on a nice buck. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:13 AM

Welcome to forums. Nice buck too!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Spike

I've read a lot of the 'ethics' debates about calibers and other issues. In this particular case, I used a 22-250 (60 grain Hornady) because the county in which I live (Prince William, VA) mandates the use of nothing greater than a .22 caliber rifle for hunting. The regulation says .22, not .22LR, so I'm good to go, as far as I'm concerned. Obviously, one has to take the limitations of the caliber into consideration when choosing a shot. I made the shot from 15 feet up and 20 yards away into the right side of the deer as it was quartering away from me. I put the shot well behind the 'classic' placement because of the deer's position relative to me. He ran maybe 20 yards, shot in the heart and spewing blood with every step. He piled up, flailed once and went still. My backyard is 2 acres and I have the permission of the neighbor who lives in the one house that is with 100 yards of my treestand. I didn't have to leave my yard to retrieve him.

Quick Reply: My Kimber does the job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.