Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Soldier and Hunter

Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Soldier and Hunter

Just thought it would be cool to see how many Military folks we have in here. Maybe share deer pics, storiesand duty station hunting!!

SSG

Old 12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Soldier and Hunter

Has anyone hunted down by FT Campbell?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

not a soilder anymore but use to be in the 2nd ACR, fort polk, LA. boy i wish i would have hunted hogs and deer down there. a lot of land to huntin that state. good fishing too.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my biggest buck down in FT Campbell, KY. 140 in 8pt. Chocolate color horns. I'll try to get a picture. I bowhunted there for two yrs. There wasn't a day that I didn't see a deer. In two years hunting I shot 3 bucks, 4 does. During the rut theres a line of trucks with monsters in them waiting to get registered. There a bunch of land set aside for bow only, and it's open to the public.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a soldier, never was, but without hijacking the thread let me say THANK YOU to those who are/were !
Old 12-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Dominant Buck

US Army 116th Field Artillery, 1956-1959, hunted in Fort Chaffee Arkansas while attending Artillery School,hunted deer in El Paso Texas while stationed at Fort Bliss for Anti-Aircraft Gunnery School. Hunted in Fort Sill Oklahoma while attending Advance Artillery School, hunted in Mindanao, Philippines while stationed there.

US Coast Guard, 1959-1964, hunted in Corpus Christi, Texas while stationed there, hunted in Brownsville,Texas while stationed there, hunted in Hawaii while stationed there, hunted in Busuanga, Philippines while stationed at a Loran Station in the South China Sea.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

You've been around!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: deernutz

You've been around!

Just alittle bit!On my second time in the Phlilppines, I hunted with a .303 Enfield "Jungle Carbine" and a case of ammo that I bought in Hong Kong and before I left, I gave it to a Felipino friend that use to take me hunting.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm afraid to ask what did you hunt!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: deernutz

I'm afraid to ask what did you hunt!

In the states was mostly deer and hogs and Hawaii it was hogs and the Philippines was many things, they eat Monkey,Giant iguana, Hogs and Wild Cebu (similiar to a water buffalo),but smaller.

Quick Reply: Soldier and Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.