Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting = No more

Old 12-13-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Deer Hunting = No more

Our neighbor owns a huge farm that I hunt on. He just recently sold his property for a marina and a big developement. What a jerk! Now i can fish in the ponds or hunt anymore. If I want to hunt, I have to drive all the way to dorchester county(quitea ways) to hunt. This burns me!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Deer Hunting = No more

Have you ever really harvested deer there? Maybe it's time to find a new spot? There's plenty of places to hunt you just need to find them. Look on the bright side if they develope near you the deer will be more condensed and easier to locate! I'm sure you'll always be able to fish there besides now you can dock a boat!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Time to buy your own land perhaps? I know that after hunting the National Forest in my area, I'm ready to buy my own land. Land prices aren't getting any more affordable, so if you miss the boat, well you missed it for good.

Nevertheless, sorry to hear about your loss of hunting area. In my opinion, lack of access to quality land is the biggest detriment that hunting is now facing.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

What county are you in whitetailblaster? There is still some good public land in maryland to hunt.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 PM

Thats why I still buy lotto tickets.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

About twenty five years ago I bought an 80 acre strip of land right between the River breaks and the farm land above them. I wanted the land to hunt mule deer because it is a perfect runway that the mulies use to get to their feeding grounds. At that time it was not that hard to find a place to hunt but I was afraid it might get that way. It turned out to be the best move I ever made because that whole area now is lease hunting where the deer are more or less sold to wealthy out of state hunters. Anyone who loves to hunt and gets a chance to pick up some land, sure should think about doing it. I don't think you could ever loose money on good hunting land.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Do you consider hilly terrain a good land? I'm talking like the slope of a mountain. I can pick up some of this in SW Virginia for about $2K per acre. I'm just wondering...........?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:54 PM

I'm 14 years old...how can I buy land? I'm also an advanced astronomer. I need the dark skies for my viewings. Now with all this crap they're sticking here, I can't observe anymore with this 4,000 telescope. Also, the river that the marina runs on, really sucks. I barely catch anything besides really small catfish(thats rare aswell). Also, I love the able to just go hunting anytime. Just walk in your backyard and sit. Yes I harvest many deer there. My dad has shot a 7 point, 3 point, couple does, button bucks, few 4 pointers, and a 6 point.I shot a 8 point off the property. Plenty of squirrels, rabbits, doves, quail, and geese. You can only duck hunt, turkey hunt, and deer hunt in dorchester. I also don't hunt public property, not much deer is shot out of public property(big ones perhaps). People also claim your deer if they find it dead before you do here. It's nuts! I only harvested 1 deer in dorchester which was a spike whitetail.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:41 PM

What I would do is contact the new owners and ask about archery hunting. Write a letter if you have too. If they say yes get a bow and become proficient. You can find secret places near urban areas that allow archery hunting fairly easy. Just wait till the deer start eating the gardens and shrubs, you will be liked. Learn this skill until you are old enough to drive further for deer. Make some plans with your Dad about finding a new hunting place. Don't ever give up on something as worthwhile as hunting. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whitetailblaster, you really need to look around. Look up the MD DNR and do seom research on the Chesapeake Lands, all new public properties, lots of deer, and some very big ones! In fact I know a guy who kills at least one big 6pt sika every year on public land on the eastern shore. I hunt Dorchester and know how hard it can be to find land to hunt.

Quick Reply: Deer Hunting = No more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.