Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to do this

Old 12-13-2005, 09:14 AM

Default how to do this

This is some REAL THICK stuff connecting to the land I hunt. I am not 100% sure who this land belongs to, there is a house, in fact the only house around for miles so I am guessing that’s the owner. There is only one posted sign, its very old and rusted and its put all the way down from where anyone would see it. I've been wanting to ask permission but didn’t' know how, or what to say. And if I ask and they say no, then what, I won't be able to even step on over in there. Occasionally I'll get my climbing stand on a tree to hunt my land (bunch of fields) but if he says no, then I won't even be able to do that. Thoughts?

Old 12-13-2005, 09:18 AM

Default RE: how to do this

First i would see if the land does in fact belong to the nearby house. Just go ask them, if it does, ask them if you can just pass through to get to your land, I'm sure they won't object. If they don't own it I would just assume you never seen that one old rotten sign and as long as you're just passing on through to get to your land don't worry about it
Old 12-13-2005, 09:19 AM

i have asked myself the same question. i have always asked and i was lucky enough that the owners didnt mind, but i would definately ask.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM

another thing, i live on 127 acres and my nephews roam around in the woods and someidiot hunters shoot at sounds and if i ever saw someone on my property with a gun i would get pissed. so just ask
Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whether you ask or not, if you have no permission to hunt on the land you shouldn't be on the land. Go to terraserver or to the court house and get a map and find out who owns the land, then seek legal permission to hunt it.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

utm, if you go to the courthouse to the county clerks office or supervisor of assessments office they should be able to get you a copy of the county plat book. This book is invaluable when it comes to finding the names of property owners.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 PM

I have learned from my experinces that if you get permision to hunt peoples land than you should have them sign a paper saying you actually have the permision to be on there and if you do shoot a deer on there property you should give them some of the meat, at least when i do that they say i am welcome to hunt on there land any time.