Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ? >

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

I agree that trying to kill two deer with one shot is not the way to go. You never know how hitting the first animal can and will deflect the bullet. This was easy to see in my first example where the second deer hit was to the right and 20-30 yards above the first deer. It never crossed my mind that this was going to happen. The second time I was not looking for another deer behind the first deer but it was lined up perfectly. It again was a total suprise to me. Mule deer seem to have a habit of herding together.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:49 AM
Spike

Default I kilt two in one shot once!

Originally Posted by Ruttenit
I was wondering if anyone has ever killed a deer with one shot? I had a chanse but I wasn't thinking about it at the time because one was a little small. But we desided to blast them anyway.

Shoot one in the chest and it blew the heart and everything right out and the doe still ran 150 to 200 feet with the heart dangling haha. I don't know how the doe ran after that shot.
I shot a gorgeous 8 point at 60 yds with a 270 winchester a few years back. Lost sight picture at the shot for a second. After regaining the sight picture, there was a buck belly up and kicking in the field there at 60 yds. I saw a flash of hide in the corn to my left and heard deer running through the corn to my right. Didnt pay much attention to any of that until Id walked out and lifted his head and half his rack was gone. Come to find out, the flash to my left was the 8 Id shot at and killed. The one that dropped had 4 on one side and a 16 spike with a 6 brow on the other. The 8 circled to my left and dropped within 40 yards of where Id been sitting at the shot. I had no idea there were two good bucks lined up perfectly and standing side by side because theyd just stepped out of a corn patch into a shooting lane that had been mowed through the field...a total coincidence.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Spike

You feel free to tell me how horrible I am for not seeing a buck behind a buck down there oh wise one
Old 02-15-2021, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ruttenit
I was wondering if anyone has ever killed a deer with one shot? I had a chanse but I wasn't thinking about it at the time because one was a little small. But we desided to blast them anyway.

Shoot one in the chest and it blew the heart and everything right out and the doe still ran 150 to 200 feet with the heart dangling haha. I don't know how the doe ran after that shot.

What a whopper, and a load of BS. Makes me wonder if you ever shot a deer.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ryan m
To the original poster of this thread, you have no business in the woods. To make a post like that shows how big of a jerk you are. You laughed about the heart hanging out of the deer. First I think you are lying and second to laugh about it makes me sick. You need to go and find another hobby. Get off this website and get a life. Guys like you set us hunters back decades.
Amen brother!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2021, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy did this in NC this past season. He had shot a doe at a corn pile and it ran off and when he walked up to the corn he saw a dead fawn that was standing behind the doe. He then found the big doe.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

it can happen I know a guy that did it on his first ever bow hunt, didn;t plan it, and he honestly ddn;t even know he did it at first, never say second small doe on other side of bigger one, new hunter and excitement , it happened
dumb luck on his part and neither one went far

Last edited by mrbb; 02-16-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:02 AM
Spike

I shot 2 hogs this season with one shot in north Texas.