Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Late Season Bucks

Old 12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Late Season Bucks

What are the chances of getting a late season buck?

I know there is a chance in the second rut, but besides that, is there anything else you can do to find them? Im thinking hunting a solid food plot would be best. Any help on where i can find my first buck would be much appreciated!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Late Season Bucks

Bass-most of my big bucks have come late in the season after the pressure is off and they return to their normal patterns.I shot a nice 8pt a few years ago with only 15 min left in the season.

Charlie
Old 12-11-2005, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Late Season Bucks

I'm not real sure about late season hunting at all, especially late season bucks. I still haven't been able to find any deer after rifle season ended here about a week and a half ago. From what I've been reading, you need to look near bedding and feeding areas and try to set upin an area that is between the two for your best chances.....my problem is finding the bedding and feeding areas on my property. This is the first year I've hunted it and have found areas that look like they are used for bedding, but can't seem to find exactly where they are feeding, nor can I figure out when they are moving. It's frusturating (sp), but I still enjoy getting out there and trying. We had some light snow last week and I found a place where deer are coming onto my property, but can't figure out where they are going. Don't really want to hunt where they enter since it is close to the road and is the same place I come in.