Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan? >

Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan?

Old 12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan?

Do any of you guys know anything about the deertanning methodusing a product called Krowtan and if you do what has been your experience or what have you heard?

dd

Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan?

Good Stuff. I personally like to send my capes to the tannery. Not sure if you're thinking about using it yourself or your taxidermist, but if a taxidermist has been tanning hides for a while, and you've seen quality tanned hides that he's had for a while, then I wouldn't be worried about the taxidermist using it. Tanning has a lot of factors other than just the tanning agent, which makes a good tan. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I am not readyto begintanning yet, so in the interim, I wouldlike to outsource it. Cancan you recommend who you use oror another tannery?Ilive in the mid-Atlantic region if that isan issue.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 AM

DD, not too many replies, NOW do you see what I was saying?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Bill for better or worse I suppose I will find out in a couple of months ...but had you not talked in parables and just plain came out and said what you ment It might have saved me some grief .... but live and learn ..

dd
Old 12-09-2005, 01:16 PM

Hey dd, a little off the topic...
...I am fairly new to the site and just got a chance to read your story on your site "The Scott Reeves Buck." Just wanted to congratulate you on a beautiful animal. I have seen many of bucks afield and taken over my short lifeand that is truely one of the top 5 bucks Ihave seen. Love the mass it has. Just so happens that big fellas last day standing on all fours was the day I was born. Nov 21st you gottem' right?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

B.J.R. thank you for the kind compliment. I hunted the week of the 21rst in 2004 ...I actually took this buck on Wednesday the 24th ... it was the forth week of Novemeber ... again thank you I am glad you enjoyed my web page.

dd
Old 12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

A nice young lady named Amy uses ez-tan, I think. You can get some tanning tips on her site www.amystaxidermy.com.
Maybe she has used Krowtan too. Email her and ask. She has a link to ask questions on her site.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 PM

No parables, DD, you just arent taking the hint. Ive explained it all to you already. Now that nobody else is saying either, I just figured youd get it by now. You already know why I cant say.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Bill after spending over 25 years in the retail auto business and being successful enough to semi retire at 52 by being able to read peopleI guess your right I just could not take the hint... I must be loosing my touch...guess you were right math just ain't my subject !

dd

Quick Reply: Cape Tanning Method Called Krowtan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.