Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer allowed per season??

Old 12-06-2005, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Deer allowed per season??

The way I read the regs here in OK, we can take a total of nine (four bucks and five doe) if you hunt all three seasons. That total also includes two special antlerless weekends after gun season closes during which only one doe may be taken. There are special requirements for different zones within the state, but I won't bore ya with those.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

In Georgia we are allowed 2 bucks and 10 does.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will double ck my book on this and correct if needed.

In Delaware you can purchase at $10 pop unlimited number of doe only tags over and above allowed with reg tag. I have been using the $10 doe tags to thin a few doe in past 3 years.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Doc Death.... Not sure what county you're from, but the limits for madison county where I'm from it is:
Bow - OCT 15 - JAN 31one buck and one doe a day or two does a day
ML - NOV 14 - 18 one buck and one doe a day or two does a day
Gun - NOV 19 - JAN7 one buck and one doe a day or two does a day
Gun - JAN 8 - JAN 31 one buck a day

So if you only bow hunt you could get a total of 218 deer
Old 12-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

FLORIDA

GENERAL GUN SEASON - DEER & HOG
(Wildlife management area regulations can differ)

Season Dates: South Zone, Oct. 29 - Jan. 8; Central Zone, Nov. 12 - Jan. 22; Northwest Zone, Nov. 24-27 and Dec. 10 - Feb. 15.

Legal to Take: Deer having one or more antlers at least five inches in length visible above the hairline; and wild hogs with a shoulder height of 15 inches or more in areas where hogs are legal game (see page 7).

Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
Daily Bag and Possession Limits: Antlered deer - daily limit two, possession limit four; wild hogs - daily limit one, possession limit two. Regardless of season, sex or how many permits, harvesting more than two deer per day is prohibited.

Hunting Methods: All legal firearms including bows, muzzleloading guns, crossbows and handguns may be used.

Prohibitions: Rimfire cartridges for taking deer. See Prohibited Methods and Equipment for Taking Game (page 6) and Areas Closed to Hunting (page 6).
Old 12-06-2005, 02:38 PM

Maryland:

Bow Total Bag Limit: 2 Antlered
unlimited Antlerless

Muzzleloader Total Bag Limit: 2 Antlered
10 Antlerless

Shotgun Total Bag Limit: 2 Antlered
10 Antlerless
MDNewbie thats only half the state, in the western zone you can take an additional buck and doe in each season bringing our totals to 9 bucks and 33 doe a total of 42 deer. We also have some counties where you can take unlimited doe's in archery season so there isnt really a limit in those areas.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

NC eastern counties

2 doe
2 bucks
2 hunter's choice

These tags are good for bow, ML & gun.

Some clubs get extra doe tags

Old 12-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

In Il you can only kill 2 antlered deer per year, but you can get as many bow tags that you want to fill as long as they are does. You can also get 2 firearm tag, 2 muzzleloader and a late winter firearm tag if you are lucky enough in the lottery.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

In SD the last few years I could have picked up 14 tags. Only one Buck however. I have taken eight the last few years. This year six so far with two tags left.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Okie807

The way I read the regs here in OK, we can take a total of nine (four bucks and five doe) if you hunt all three seasons. That total also includes two special antlerless weekends after gun season closes during which only one doe may be taken. There are special requirements for different zones within the state, but I won't bore ya with those.
This is not exactly right. Don't take this wrong Okie807, just don't want you to take too many deer and get in some trouble. Total bag limit in OK is 6, 3 antlered and 3 nonantlered. If you partake in the special antlerless season in some zones you can take an additional doe for a total bag limit of 7. Doe days differ by zones. In the area I hunt, you can take a buck or doe any of the days durring all different seasons. You can take 2 deer with rifle, one buck and one doe, 2 with ML, one buck and one doe, and 2 with bow, 1 buck or 1 doe. If you do not hunt either rifle or ML you can take 4 with bow, 2 bucks and 2 doe. You can also take all 6 deer with a bow, but 2 will have to be checked in under another method of taking..ie gun or ML. Regarless of what weapons you uses the total number of deer that one hunter can take and if they partake in the special anterless weekend is a total of 7 deer, no more then 3 bucks. There are two specail antlerless weekends, but if you take one the first weekend, you cannot take another the second weekend.

Quick Reply: Deer allowed per season??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.