Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pennsylvania Hunters

Old 12-04-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Pennsylvania Hunters

Pennsylvania Hunters,
Are you disappointed with what the game commission has been doing these past few years? I know there are nicer bucks, but there are no more deer and when you do see a buck you do think he's nice because he's the only deer you'll see. I live on a 300+ acre farm and we were lucky to see 5 deer feeding a night throughout the summer in our fields. We even plant food just for them and they barely touched it. When I scouted for archery season I knew there were less and less deer because of how many acorns were still on the ground throughout the entire season. My point is, do you think the game commission is going to allow this to go on much further, after reading their issues they want atleast 1 deer per 100 acres. That means we are allowed 3.4 deer on our farm. It used to be we would see groups of deer a day while hunting, it was nothing to see 20+ deer in a day of hunting and there were still good bucks back then. This deer management they are promoting is more like making the whitetail extinct from Pennsylvania. If they don't stop the issuing of doe licenses in certain areas, the deer will be very scarce and depleted. Hunting as we know it has ended and I know there will be some of you critics out there saying it is called hunting for a reason.. well you can't hunt what there isn't and there isn't any deer and with the game commissions "game management" they are going to just hurt the deer population unless they stop the doe licenses or people become smart and stop shooting does. I heard the game commission is going to raise prices for licenses because people aren't buying them anymore... well people aren't buying them because there isn't any deer.. if they do raise the prices they should make licenses separate such as, bear, small game, turkey, deer, etc. So people don't have to buy the main deer license to hunt small game or turker or bear. Anyways what is your concern and point of view on this?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Pennsylvania Hunters

I spend more time lately hunting out of state where its better then our good old days were.I;m sure most hardcore hunter will be doing the same. I hope the pgc invested that money from all those doe tags ,they will be broke soon. I have personaly practice qdm for 10 years now ,it's up to us now.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:03 PM

Default RE: Pennsylvania Hunters

i didn't see this post and posted a new thread on the same subject

the PA deer population has been wiped out on public ground. i've never spent as much time in the woods and still have not seen much at all. too many tags, too big of a season on doe. it needs to be changed asap.

i agree with everything you just said. 1 deer per 100 acres i absurd. i have absolutely no respect for our game commission whatsoever. i believe they are getting collateral from insurance companies to reduce the deer herd due to deer/car accidents. the next time i see them place on of those expensive decoys along the road to catch road hunters, i'm going to sneak in from the woods with ballistic tips and unload a box of them on that bad boy, just for the pleasure of costing them money.